Error, SetIOMulti Interface=MCSSPRINKLERSP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Error, SetIOMulti Interface=MCSSPRINKLERSP

Michael, today I did a seasonal startup on my sprinklers. Valves 1 through 5 & 7 worked fine but I am getting an error on valve 6:

Mar-14 12:20:00 PM Device Control Device: 9-Sprinklers Garage East Side/Back Yard to Off (0)
    Mar-14 12:20:00 PM Event Event Trigger "Sprinklers Remote I6 Off"
    Mar-14 12:20:00 PM Device Control Device: 1-Main Yard Sprinkler East Side to Off (0) by/from: CAPI Control Handler
    Mar-14 12:19:53 PM mcsSprinklers Rain8 Unit 1, Valve 6 R14: East Side/Back Yard ON
    Mar-14 12:19:53 PM mcsSprinklers R14(Garage East Side/Back Yard) ON
    Mar-14 12:19:53 PM MCSSPRINKLERSP SetIOMulti Interface=MCSSPRINKLERSP, Code=R14
    Mar-14 12:19:53 PM MCSSPRINKLERSP SetIOMulti Ref=481, Command=100

It seems to have odd consequences however. Most of the time the valve seems to function as expected. Occasionally however, it seems to hang. I run a mcsSprinklers communication test and it does not show any errors in the log or in the interface. Are they logged somewhere else? Any way, have any idea what this error is trying to tell me? Would upgrading to 2.20.4.34 produce any better result?

Thanks
    Gary

Current Date/Time: 3/14/2021 12:57:10 PM
    HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548
    Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro - Work Station
    System Uptime: 0 Days 12 Hours 51 Minutes 59 Seconds
    IP Address: 192.168.1.83
    Number of Devices: 285
    Number of Events: 115
    Available Threads: 800
    HSTouch Enabled: True
    Event Threads: 0
    Event Trigger Eval Queue: 0
    Event Trigger Priority Eval Queue: 0
    Device Exec Queue: 0
    HSTouch Event Queue: 0
    Email Send Queue: 0
    Anti Virus Installed: Windows Defender
    In Virtual Machine: No MFG: asustek computer inc.
    Enabled Plug-Ins
    2.0.61.0: BLBackup
    2.0.66.0: BLOnkyo
    1.0.4.0: BLShutdown
    2.20.0.18: MCSSPRINKLERSP
    30.0.0.41: RFXCOM
    3.0.6551.16959: UltraGCIR3
    3.0.0.46: X10
    3.0.2.0: Z-Wave

I don't understand what you see as an error? What looks odd at first glance is that R14 is being set to On and then 7 seconds later HS is reporting Off for I6. This also looks like the HS Log. To understand control logic the mcsSprinklers debug contains more information.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael McSharry View Post
      I don't understand what you see as an error?
      Okay, perhaps I was wrong in my assumption(s). These two lines in the log:
      Mar-14 12:19:53 PM MCSSPRINKLERSP SetIOMulti Interface=MCSSPRINKLERSP, Code=R14
      Mar-14 12:19:53 PM MCSSPRINKLERSP SetIOMulti Ref=481, Command=100

are referencing valve 6. It is the only valve, that when turned on, produce a "SetIOMulti" log entry. Further, it is the only valve that on occasion hangs up and does not turn on when instructed, via PalmPad, to do so. Those two characteristics made me assume it was logging an error. If not, what do these log entries mean?

The I6 is my PalmPad X10 code that I use to turn the valves (i.e R14) on/off and the 6 seconds was all the last check took after making an adjustment on one of valve 6's sprinkler heads.

To understand control logic the mcsSprinklers debug contains more information.
      Are you saying I should run this again with a debug and attach that?

Thanks
      Gary

Comment

Setiomulti is the call from HS to the plugin to control a device that has it's interface property of MCSSPRINKLERP. From my memory, HS is not directly involved in the control of devices owned by mcsSprinklers. The sequence should be that I6 from palmpad causes a HSEvent callback to mcsSprinklers and mcsSprinklers recognizes I6 to be aligned with R14 based upon Remote page setup. It then controls R14 based upon the driver for whatever R14 is.

It seems you have something like an event in HS that has an action of controlling R14.

Comment

It seems you have something like an event in HS that has an action of controlling R14.
          Yes, before you reinstated the Remote page setup, I had created (Ix) events for each of my valves. Are you saying that using the Remote page setup instead is better/more reliable and/or would avoid this condition?

Thanks
          Gary

Comment

The plugin was designed to use Alias control rather than Direct control of devices. Direct control should work too, but logic is pretty complex to try to deal with the differences between HS, HS2, HS3 and standalone operation. If an Alias is setup in mcsSprinklers then it will get the event callback from HS so you will not want both mcsSprinklers and HS acting upon the same Alias.

Comment

Thanks much Michael. I will delete the Ix devices and events and setup the Remove via Alias.

Gary

Comment

Working...
              X