Zone will not start - continuously deferred

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Zone will not start - continuously deferred

Hi Michael. My Zone 12 continuously says it will start (auto) in the next minute, but does not start and keeps deferring it to the next minute. Has been doing that for at least a day now. It is set with a maximum of 1 day between cycles. My Zone 11 is set up identically as far as I can tell and it has run properly. I can't figure out what is wrong. I've attached my ini and debug files.

Thanks!
    Attached Files

On the General Status page there is a set of inhibit status devices. This will tell you what is keeping irrigation from starting. Sometimes it is dependent on non-time events such as wind too high, pause button, external inhibit, etc. In these cases the prediction logic just keeping pushing out the start time minute by minute.

One of the lines from your debug is
    Code:
    2021-05-30 11:52:00 AM 637579723205575362 | mcsSprinklers Debug | bKeepZoneOn=False, bTurnOff=False, bTurnOffArea=True,True,True,True,True,True,False,False,dTime LastIteration=2021-05-30 11:51:00 AM, Transition=False,PrevAutoMode=True, AverageWind=14,SiteInhibit=,AreaInhibit=|Time 728 mins ,Discrete |Time 728 mins ,Discrete |Time 728 mins |Time 728 mins ,Discrete |Time 728 mins ,Discrete |Time 728 mins ||
    It shows there are area inhibits of some time of Discrete. It also looks like a start time is still 728 minutes away. This means the Area inhibits should be showing on the General Status page as being active. It also shows no site inhibits are active.

For the external inhibit look at the Area setup page, inhibits for external. Evaluate if the polarity is correct.

Comment

Fixed. I thought the "Don't with External Inhibit" field wanted a HS Device Address (because the field is labelled "Device Code") so I had "F5". Once I changed it to the Device Reference Number (27), it all worked fine. Perhaps that could be clearer on the entry screen, or maybe it could throw an error when it sees "F5" instead of a pure integer reference number.

Thanks for leading me to the answer!

Comment

Actually it should accept either format. I will need to look into it. Glad you found the answer.

Comment

In case it helps your debugging:

hen I used the Device Address "F5" it was considered Inhibited regardless of the state of the HS device, or whether I chose "ON = Inhibited", or "OFF = Inhibited". If I changed the "Input Source" to "None", the inhibit went away. When I changed the Device Code to the Device Reference Number "27", it began working fine.

Comment

One more issue related to the HS Discrete Inhibit Device:

When I restarted HomeSeer today, the discrete inhibits all activated even though the the HS device had not changed. I waited for a while to see if it was just a timing delay issue, but the areas all remained inhibited with "Discrete". I switched the HS device ON - no change (as expected). When I switched the HS device back OFF, all the inhibits disappeared (after a few seconds). It seems to be getting an incorrect value from the HS discrete device on startup, and doesn't check it again to correct.

Comment

I,ll investigate tomorrow morning.

it should be looking at the discrete every minute

Comment

The issue with F5 vs. Reference is the same initialization problem fixed in 2.21.0.3 at http://mcsSprinklers.com/MCSSPRINKLERS_22103.zip. Either identifier should work the same. Unzip the zip into \bin\mcsSprinklers and restart the plugin.

Comment

Working...
                X