program not starting Etherrain units correctly

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

program not starting Etherrain units correctly

This problem has been going on for some time. Running 2.21.04. I have set my Etherrain units correctly in the program and saved them. The problem is that after a restart, 70-80% of the time the serial IO screen shows IP addresses for the Etherrain units in the wrong order or duplicates. This causes the wrong zones to be associated with the wrong unit. I then go to the interface setup screen, click on find etherrain units. It finds the correct IP addresses in the correct order. I save them and problem solved, but the problem recurs with the next reboot/restart. I know the IP addresses are saved in the .INI file, so why do they get mixed up?

They can be identified by name or they can be identified by Static IP. Which method are you using?

Comment

It appears by module name, which are different. Should I change to static ip? I'll try that and see. Thanks

Comment

If you are able to enter IP then you will be good. Using name involves a UDP discovery every startup. It has been awhile since I worked with it, but the note on the setup page implies that this accounting is a little problematic.

Comment

Working...
        X