Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sprinklers table update missing required parameters

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Sprinklers table update missing required parameters

    I''m logging the following error message once per minute. I've probably set a parameter incorrectly (or not set it at all) but I don't see where.
    Error logged is:

    ExecuteCommand UPDATE tblsprinklers SET aR50Moisture_____I=69,aR50MinutesCum___I=4800, aR51Moisture_____I=69,aR51MinutesCum___I=5400, aR52Moisture_____I=69,aR52MinutesCum___I=3600, aR53Moisture_____I=69,aR53MinutesCum___I=3000, aR54Moisture_____I=69,aR54MinutesCum___I=3600, aR55Moisture_____I=69,aR55MinutesCum___I=6000, aR56Moisture_____I=69,aR56MinutesCum___I=3600, aR58Moisture_____I=69,aR58MinutesCum___I=0, aR49Moisture_____I=80,aR49MinutesCum___I=9000, aR59Moisture_____I=80,aR59MinutesCum___I=9000, aR57Moisture_____I=57,aR57MinutesCum___I=1000, aR61Moisture_____I=60,aR61MinutesCum___I=4600, aR62Moisture_____I=60,aR62MinutesCum___I=3100, aR63Moisture_____I=60,aR63MinutesCum___I=3700, aR64Moisture_____I=60,aR64MinutesCum___I=6700, aR69Moisture_____I=45,aR69MinutesCum___I=0, aR70Moisture_____I=45,aR70MinutesCum___I=0 WHERE ID=50486 at System.Data.OleDb.OleDbCommand.ExecuteCommandTextErrorHandli ng(OleDbHResult hr) at System.Data.OleDb.OleDbCommand.ExecuteCommandTextForSingleRe sult(tagDBPARAMS dbParams, Object& executeResult) at System.Data.OleDb.OleDbCommand.ExecuteCommandText(Object& executeResult) at System.Data.OleDb.OleDbCommand.ExecuteCommand(CommandBehavio r behavior, Object& executeResult) at System.Data.OleDb.OleDbCommand.ExecuteReaderInternal(Command Behavior behavior, String method) at System.Data.OleDb.OleDbCommand.ExecuteNonQuery() at MCSSPRINKLERS_2009.Database.ExecuteCommand(String sCommand) No value given for one or more required parameters.

    #2
    Can you zip up \Data\mcsSprinklers\mcsSprinklers.mdb and email to mcsSolutions at CenturyTel dot net. It is trying up update record number 50486 and it seems this record may not exist. If you have Micorsoft Office Access then you can look for yourself too.

    Comment


      #3
      The error is because the database does not contain aR50MinutesCum___I. It contains many other fields that are not used. I did not count but looks like the number of fields has reached the capacity that Access allows. This is just a symptom of a problem and not the problem itself. The question that needs to be answered is why device codes are up to R50. Looks like new ones are being create at each restart or some other event. Fields like "a9548MinutesCum__I" reflect Ref rather than Code identifiers so there is a mixture of both.

      It is likely something that I had not considered at the time the Ref was added as a means to identify zones. The next step is to for me to use your \Config\mcsSprinklers.ini so I can look at your configuration and hopefully understand why new zone identifiers are being created. This file contains the settings that you have used for mcsSprinklers. If you have any insight on this subject that will also be helpful.

      Comment


        #4
        I've sent you the config file via email. I do have a callback script that looks for a value of -100 for any device with a code starting with "R"; if that happens an event power cycles the power the Rain8's. note that my Rain8 device codes are in the range R49 - R72

        Comment


          #5
          I see nothing unusual about the setup. I can run with it and make modifications and all hold together without new zone devices being created. Do you have an idea of what was happening as these were being added?

          I also looked at R49 to R72 data in the database and there is nothing that has been recorded. This means there is no value of the data in the database. I suggest that you delete mcsSprinklres.mdb when mcsSprinklers is not running. It will create a new one when it starts. It will not contain the old data from from earlier versions of HS that contributed to the table field count being exceeded.

          Comment


            #6
            I shut down HS3 and renamed the Access DB. When I restarted HS, a new DB got created but I immediately got a flood of errors and valve failures.
            Of course, I hadn't backed up HS3 itself, so I shut down again and restored all of HS3 from my 3:00 am backup.
            Now we're back to where we were before. After irrigation finishes today, I'll take a snapshot of HS3 and try deleting the Access DB again. This time I'll try to do a better job collecting diagnostics but I wanted to let the site finish watering. No action needed until I get back to you. Thanks!

            Comment

            Working...
            X