Skip Cycle Today Not Working?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Skip Cycle Today Not Working?

Hi Michael, I'm running MCSSPRINKLERSP v.2.20.4.34 and am wondering how the Skip Cycle Today on the Zone Status page is intended to work. My use case is that I have 2 lawn watering zones that run sequentially for 7 minutes starting 06:00. But for today, I wanted to skip those zones so I could mow the lawn. At 05:15 I checked the Skip Cycle Today boxes for both of those zones and then clicked the Save Changes button. The Zone Status then indicates a blue color dot along with a status of "Watered Today". But it continues to show a Projected Watering time of 06:00 today. The Run List shows the same. I would have expected it to indicate the next watering time after today (e.g. 06:00 tomorrow).

What's more strange is if I go to another HomeSeer page and then go back to the Zone Status page, the changes made to Skip Cycle Today are gone. Its almost acting like the changes weren't actually saved when the Save Changes button was pressed. Since it doesn't seem to be working correctly for me, or I'm doing something wrong, I'll Disable Automatic Control for those zones altogether for today and then re-enable them after I mow the lawn. Clicking the Disable Automatic Control boxes and Saving Changes does appear to work properly. The zones are disabled on the Zone Status page and they disappear from the Run List. And they also survive going to another HomeSeer page and returning to the Zone Status page. So this appears to be isolated to the Skip Cycle Today function.

I'm running HS4 and the sprinkler valve controller is a GoControl WI15VZ-1 .

Thanks!
    Craig

The skip cycle and inhibit today controls on the Zone Status page perform similar objects for two use cases and are implemented in a different manner under the hood. Skip cycle is intended for those that have multiple programs setup for a zone and they want to skip the one that is pending, but then continue with the others. The inhibit today is to prohibit all programs for the remainder of the day.

As you noted the skip cycle affects the watered-today status indication. It changes during the day as control events are managed. The program times and the round robin cycles are two events that come to mind. The inhibit today is an inhibit that shows on General Status that is auto reset at midnight.

In your use case I would expect the same effect from use of either and I would expect the predict logic to return the same result as well. I will need to setup a test case to see what is actually happening. On my setup I do use the skip tomorrow control that is also on the Zone Status with the desired effect. Skip Cycle is not something I have looked at for a long time.

Comment

Skip cycle fixed in 2.21.4.5. 2.21.4.3 should be in the HS Updater. There were several updates since the version you have. See mcsSprinklers Updates and Revision Log - HomeSeer Message Board. I believe all you need is the updated dll from http://mcsSprinklers.com/MCSSPRINKLERS_22145.zip unzipped to HS folder. Most of the of the changes since 2.20.4.34 are related to weather data.

To accomplish your lawn mowing task I suggest using the Inhibit Today button as that can be easy undone with another button click when the lawn has been mowed. Using Skip Cycle requires the Reset Watered Today checkbox(s) to be clicked to allow today's irrigation to resume. Another option is the Pause button, but if you forget to Resume then irrigation is inhibited forever.

Comment

Thanks Michael. I'll make sure to update the plugin. Your logic makes sense. If I were to Skip Cycle for Today, would it automatically resume for the next programmed cycle? I can easily go for a day on the lawn without water if I skipped it for mowing. If so, that means I wouldn't need to remember to click any other buttons to resume.

Thanks!
        Craig

Comment

If you click the Inhibit Today button on the same page you will get the desired effect. At midnight the "today" inhibit will be lifted. This is the same behavior as Skip Cycle if you only have one program setup for the current day.

Comment

Thanks Michael. What was odd is that there was no Update in the Plugins->Installed list for v2.21.4.3. I had to go to Plugins->Add to install it. I'm now on 2.21.4.3. All seems to be fine. I placed the new DLL file in my HS3 directory (after renaming the old one!). The plugin still shows v.2.21.4.3 although the DLL indicates v2.21.4.5. Should they be the same?

Comment

Working...
            X