Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

v2.22.0.4 update not working from "Other Setup" tab

Hi Michael,

I am running stand alone v2.21.4.3 in Windows. I can see v2.22.0.4 is the latest version available on "Other Setup" tab, but when I try to update from that tab, it appears the update is not working (version stays at v2.21.4.3 and 2.22.0.4 still shows as the latest update available).

Thank you.

Did you try disabling the plugin first, then update and re-enable it after the update is finished?

Comment

I will look into the standalone update tomorrow. The standalone version communicates with HS via network rather than via the HS plugin API.

Comment

Looks like the 2.22.0.4 update file only was partially uploaded. I uploaded it again and it now downloads properly.

Comment

Thanks Micheal, I was able to update to 2.22.0.4 after the changes you made. I ran into some other problems however.

I am running stand alone version in windows. I didn't make any changes from last season. After I activated it for the season, I found my calculated moisture stuck at 100% with daily ET also stuck at 0. I also noticed a few differences from last season:

1) S68 (which is from HS3 via mcsMQTT) now shows blank untill it detects rain again. It used to display a 0 after resetting at midnight (the corresponding HS device is daily rain total and it reset to zero at midnight). If it gets rain today, S68 does display the correct value.

2) S83 Hourly ETx100 also always shows as blank

3) all the variables with a calendar icon (i.e. S67, S69, S70, S71 etc), when clicking on the calendar, it brings up a new browser window but it is blank. It used to display historical values and charts, but not it is always blank.

I am a little lost... could you point me to what I should be checking?

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2022-05-14 214544.gif
Views:	77
Size:	131.8 KB
ID:	1545271

Comment

The easiest place to start is to collect an hour of more of data in the debug. This should show what is happening as the sensors are being updated.

For the blank window there still should be the URL that is being requested such as below for S78. What are you seeing?

Click image for larger version

Name:	0.png
Views:	70
Size:	10.8 KB
ID:	1545374

Comment

Michael thanks for all your help! The URL to display historical data looks normal, so I checked the database file itself and found it had inconsistencies. After compacting and repairing it with Access everything works as expected now.

I will attempt to convert the database from Access to MySQL. Besides copying over converted database file, is there anything MySQL related that needs to be installed on the machine running mcsSprinkler (stand alone, Windows)?

Comment

The mcsSprinklers install contains all the files needed to interface or mySQL. You just need to have an instance of mySQL on your network and setup the login credentials in mcsSprinklers.

Comment

I tried to upgrade the the plugin today via the manage plugins as i have for years from 2.21.4.6 to 2.22.0.7. Both times the upgrade carried on as normal, but as far as I can see, no update occurred since updater still says that 2.22.0.7 is available. The same is with the Other page.

Can you check if the updated version has been loaded in HS? (HS 3)

Thanks
                  HS3PRO 3.0.0.500 as a Fire Daemon service, Windows 2016 Server Std Intel Core i5 PC HTPC Slim SFF 4GB, 120GB SSD drive, WLG800, RFXCom, TI103,NetCam, UltraNetcam3, BLBackup, CurrentCost 3P Rain8Net, MCsSprinker, HSTouch, Ademco Security plugin/AD2USB, JowiHue, various Oregon Scientific temp/humidity sensors, Z-Net, Zsmoke, Aeron Labs micro switches, Amazon Echo Dots, WS+, WD+ ... on and on.

Comment

You are correct about the mistake on the version number encoded in the .exe file. You can get the correct file at the bottom of mcsSprinklers Updates and Revision Log - HomeSeer Message Board Unzip the P or S version into HS folder and you will be back in sync.

Comment

Perfect. Thank you!
                      HS3PRO 3.0.0.500 as a Fire Daemon service, Windows 2016 Server Std Intel Core i5 PC HTPC Slim SFF 4GB, 120GB SSD drive, WLG800, RFXCom, TI103,NetCam, UltraNetcam3, BLBackup, CurrentCost 3P Rain8Net, MCsSprinker, HSTouch, Ademco Security plugin/AD2USB, JowiHue, various Oregon Scientific temp/humidity sensors, Z-Net, Zsmoke, Aeron Labs micro switches, Amazon Echo Dots, WS+, WD+ ... on and on.

Comment

Working...
                      X