HS4 Backup Warning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HS4 Backup Warning

I'm getting these warnings every day during the built-in HS4 backup process. These files will be missing from the backup if it's ever needed.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2022-06-13 121127.png
Views:	55
Size:	184.6 KB
ID:	1551935

They will not be needed in the backup. These are the weather downloads and the messages/startup log. It really seems like the backup should be doing read-only copy so that files that are currently open will be included in the backup.

Comment

From the text of the yellow highlighted line above, it sounds like they expect you to implement something.

Comment

Last time I looked there is no Backup Event defined in the API. I question the wisdom of having such an event. If HST wants the plugin to close all its files and then open them up again when the Backup-Done Event is raised, then really what they are asking is doing the same thing as stopping and starting the plugin. They have full control of the stop/restart.

In my opinion, the backup operation should be transparent and not shutdown system capability while the backup is occurring. Look at other commercial backup software such as Acronis. It does not require Windows to respond to some event raised by Acronis to close down all Windows open files.

Comment

Working...
        X