Compatible Soil Moisture Sensor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Compatible Soil Moisture Sensor

Does anybody make a Z-Wave soil moisture sensor yet? I see there's one people are using with MQQT or whatever, but even though I have the MQQT plug in, I never got around to doing anything with it. I've fried my brain, and csnt do complicated tasks any more, I was hoping for an easy solution. Would it be possible to hardwire that MQQT sensor into mcsSprinklers?

mcsSprinklers supports many interfaces for accepting sensor data. One can use a text file, a URL to pull from a web site, Davis and Weatherhawk weather stations, local network protocols for xAP and MQTT and the HS DeviceString/DeviceValue. For my soil moisture measurement I use the Ecowitt and Vegitronix probes. Ecowitt is interfaced with GW1000 that is a RF to LAN and the other is analog to LAN.

I am not aware of any Zwave moisture sensors as they will typically be battery powered and at some distance from the Zwave hub. Battery life would be short and often out of range. The Ecowitt works well and price is attractive. mcsMQTT does support the Ecowitt. It does not involve MQTT. It requires that the IP of the GW1000 is entered on the setup. The GW1000, itself, it setup via a smartphone App. The communication is local LAN so after the smartphone setup the cloud is no longer used.

Comment

ok, I'll try it. thanks!

Comment

Working...
      X