Installation Confirmation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Installation Confirmation

Maybe I missed it someplace but I am not sure of one thing with the use of the plugin. Can it be used without running the mcsSprinklers setup.exe, or do I also have to run this and have it place the files in the same folder as HomeSeer? I am just confused as to whether the plugin installation installs everything needed for using with HomeSeer or if there is an additional install needed.

My apologies in advance for missing this, or misunderstanding the Installation section of the manual. I installed just the plugin and things do not seem to be running as expected, so I wanted to make sure the install is correct before digging in further.

Karl
    Karl S
    HS4Pro on Windows 10
    1070 Devices
    56 Z-Wave Nodes
    104 Events
    HSTouch Clients: 3 Android, 1 iOS
    Google Home: 3 Mini units, 1 Pair Audios, 2 Displays

Setup.exe for mcsSprinklers installs a standalone application to run mcsSprinklers. You should not install it in the same folder as HS, but it can be installed on the same computer if desired. The integration between mcsSprinklers and HS is via MQTT or xAP protocol. One of the mcsSprinklers pages allows you to select which of the 100 or so mcsSprinklers devices are updated in HS. HS devices can also be used as sensors and valves via the MQTT/xAP setup. It does not show up on the HS menu of plugins. This is how I run mcsSprinklers at my house.

If you want it to run as a plugin then you need to buy a HS plugin license from HST and it will install using the HS Updater. Setup.exe will not be used in this case.

Comment

Okay. Thank you, Michael McSharry. I thought I would just load the plugin and then get it set up. I already installed for the 30 day trial, but the setup is not currently doing what I thought it would. I will start a separate thread after I try a couple other things. Just trying to get 1 zone to run at 2 time periods each day unless we have had an inch of rain or there is a 75% chance of rain. I wanted to confirm the install only needed the plugin first.
      Karl S
      HS4Pro on Windows 10
      1070 Devices
      56 Z-Wave Nodes
      104 Events
      HSTouch Clients: 3 Android, 1 iOS
      Google Home: 3 Mini units, 1 Pair Audios, 2 Displays

Comment

Working...
      X