Run daily in one Area

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Run daily in one Area

I have a setup with 6 valves, each with a matching Zone and Area. I currently wish for one of the Areas to run every day for 15 minutes. It seems that the calculated Soil Moisture or some other setting is keeping the scheduled time from turning the valve on. Is there a way to either set the soil moisture or have this ignored and force a daily watering? I am not sure where the calculated level is coming from but it is not accurate at this time a we have not had rain in a few days, maybe a week ago?. Any runs I have done of the irrigation system have been manual testing while getting valves and drip emitters into place. Attached is my INI file and debug file in case they help. I had to change the extensions (.ini and .gz) to allow for upload.

My goal is for Area 1 to use the HomeSeer soil moisture sensor (device 2323) and ideally run at a specific time (6 PM) although the time it runs can vary if needed. Area 2 should run every day at a given time. The other areas are not currently set up with valves, etc. so they can be ignored for the moment. I am sure there is some setting I am missing, but can't figure out what that may be.
    Attached Files
    Karl S
    HS4Pro on Windows 10
    1070 Devices
    56 Z-Wave Nodes
    104 Events
    HSTouch Clients: 3 Android, 1 iOS
    Google Home: 3 Mini units, 1 Pair Audios, 2 Displays

Each Area has a selection for the Control Mode between day-of-week, even-odd, interval, measured, or calculated. You will want to change the Area setup setting to be interval of 1 rather than calculated.

Comment

Are you referring to the Control Strategy setting om the Area Setup screen? I have it as Day-Of-Week, not Calculated, as shown below. My Valve device showed Off Soil 98% and the associated Predict device said it would happen at the scheduled time. Then moved it off by 1 minute, and did this a few times before setting it to Tomorrow at the scheduled time. I did not watch to determine when this change to Tomorrow occurred. I have since changed it to Interval and Every 1 days with a time 10 minutes after I made the change and have the same results. It has pushed the time back 1 minute for the past 12 minutes. My gut is saying this will happen until the run duration is complete.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	58
Size:	78.5 KB
ID:	1616610

Views:	53
Size:	66.0 KB
ID:	1616611​​
      Karl S
      HS4Pro on Windows 10
      1070 Devices
      56 Z-Wave Nodes
      104 Events

Comment

I see in your Area 1 Setup inhibits to have setup not allowing irrigation on even and on odd days which implies never. If there is more than this I will look deeper. No need to for debug or other .ini unless something else needs to be investigated. Also not that predict logic is independent of control logic so it is possible that predict is different than actual. Predict logic is complex while schedule logic is a little less burdensome.

Comment

Area 2 is the one I wish to run daily, not area 1. The even/odd day restriction should be off for area 2 according to my screen capture above. It SHOULD be off for area 1 as well but maybe I didn't hit save when I made that change.
          Karl S
          HS4Pro on Windows 10
          1070 Devices
          56 Z-Wave Nodes
          104 Events

Comment

The .ini file posted contains both even and odd inhibit for all Areas. If I remove these inhibits from Area 2 then I get the expected forecast of irrigation tomorrow.

Name:	Capture.jpg
Views:	64
Size:	112.9 KB
ID:	1616745

Comment

Interesting. Does this INI file have the same? I browsed through for all instances of "even" and unless I missed something, these were consistent. I do have these unchecked, as can be seen in post 3 above, for Areas 1 and 2. They are currently checked in my menus for Areas 3 through 6. I have since unchecked these for areas 3-6 (AFTER saving the INI file) and changed the run time for Area 2. The Predict time changed to the desired scheduled time. After reaching the scheduled time, the Predict time is still being pushed off each minute until some threshold is hit and it then sets the Predict for the next day. The irrigation device is never turned on.

I am feeling as if my database or something else may be corrupt as what I am seeing does not make sense. I was able to open mcsSprinklers.db with DB Browser, though, and all the data seemed consistent. I had instances last week where I made a change to, I THINK the Zone Setup with regards to times and lost my Areas. Maybe this is an As Designed item, though? I did have initial issues trying to get the proper version of the plugin installed (I did not initially install the Professional version) and running and (believe I) deleted everything before completing the latest install. If the attached INI is stating I have the Even/Odd settings Checked for Areas 1 and 2, though, and my menus are showing otherwise, something just doesn't seem right. If the attached INI shows these unchecked, then I copied the wrong one in my initial post and apologize for the confusion.

My current needs are fairly simple. I only have 2 valves at the moment, so Area 1 and 2 would need to run. I have a desire to run Area 1 when the Soil Sensor reads 30% and have it turn off after 10 minutes. The sensor seems to bottom out at a reading of 25%. If the stop time needs to be driven by the soil sensor, once the sensor has reached 70%. Area 2 should currently run for 30 minutes, at 6:00 PM (18:00). Later I will have a soil sensor for that area and would like it to be similar to Area 1, save the Duration. I would like nothing to run if I have had 1" of rain today OR if there is an 80% or greater chance of rain today. I have HomeSeer devices for both of these as well as for the actual soil sensor. I would think that the settings in the attached INI file should allow for this.

I am guessing my Zone Status page appears different since I am running the HomeSeer version? I do not have the Manual Run buttons for the individual areas shown in your image.

Views:	71
Size:	100.8 KB
ID:	1617104
              Karl S
              HS4Pro on Windows 10
              1070 Devices
              56 Z-Wave Nodes
              104 Events

Comment

I confirmed that this .ini file does not have the even/odd inhibits set. I edited it to change Ref 960 to 46 and 961 to 9087 which are two virtual devices I created for my test. I also changed the start time to 10:12 rather than 17:00. The Run list @ 10:10 showed today @ 10:12 for Area 2. At 10:12 the virtual device was turned on and status showed running. The specific part of the debug that reflected this is below where 2 is the ON status and 46 is the Ref for the valve associated with Area 2.

Code:
                5/31/2023 10:12:00 AM 638211247202810628 | mcsSprinklers Debug | FormatSprinkler Change=True, StatusChange=True, DC=46
                5/31/2023 10:12:00 AM 638211247202810628 | mcsSprinklers Debug | ExecX10 46=on for 30
                5/31/2023 10:12:00 AM 638211247202810628 | mcsSprinklers Debug | CommonExecX10, Rain8NetUPB HouseCode=R, Device=46, State=ON, rtoX10CollectionCount=0, iType=4
                5/31/2023 10:12:00 AM 638211247202810628 | mcsSprinklers Debug | LogAction INSERT INTO log (SampleDate,Device,Status) VALUES('2023-05-31 10:12:00','46','ON')
                5/31/2023 10:12:00 AM 638211247202925420 | mcsSprinklers Debug | SendHS Device 46=2
                5/31/2023 10:12:00 AM 638211247202925420 | mcsSprinklers Debug | Sending HS 46 Zone=1 Status =2
                5/31/2023 10:12:00 AM 638211247202935393 | mcsSprinklers Debug | SendHS Status Returned for 46 is 2
                ​
                A potential issue is with the CAPI definition for the HS devices you are using for 960, 961, etc. mcsSprinklers is expecting On and Off. What are the control labels (from HS Devices page, Status/Graphics tab) for these devices? You can also provide a debug for a session with this updated .ini where the irrigation did not occur.

Comment

The HS Devices were created with mcsMQTT from a Tasmota device and are set as shown below.

Attached is a debug from 12:52 to 1:38 today. Area 2 was supposed to come on at 12:55 and was being pushed back a minute, every minute, during this period, and is still being pushed back now at 1:45. I did manually run the system this morning but have seen this same action when the system was not manually started on a given day..

Views:	40
Size:	126.6 KB
ID:	1617203
                  Karl S
                  HS4Pro on Windows 10
                  1070 Devices
                  56 Z-Wave Nodes
                  104 Events

Comment

The difference I see is that you have Ref 2391 as a virtual device inhibit on the Site Setup. It appears to be active to cause irrigation to be inhibited. mcsSprinklers never knows when this inhibit will be released so it just marches the predict time one minute at a time while it is active.

I think the Virtual Device inhibit status shows on the General Status page as status device S9.

Comment

I believe that was it, Michael McSharry. I thought I had the Inhibit setting of Ref 2391 to Inhibit with a value of off. Instead, it was the opposite. This device is Run Irrigation and I want it On when the irrigation system is operational. I made the change in the Site Setup screen and I believe this are working as expected.

Good catch/eye! I appreciate all the assistance!
                      Karl S
                      HS4Pro on Windows 10
                      1070 Devices
                      56 Z-Wave Nodes
                      104 Events

Comment

Working...
                      X