Beaufort scale in weather setup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Beaufort scale in weather setup

I use a KNX weatherstation with uses the beaufort scale in the setup for windforce. And it is powerfull because you can configure in that way that a gust of wind doesn't triggers a new level.

Is there a way to use this sensor with this scale in the weathersetup.Also because it is some international stand of wind force scale.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beaufo...wind_scale.png

As an inhibit it could be added, but ET calculation does need an actual speed. Do you use ET for irrigation?

Comment

Yes i will use it as an inhibit . Would be great

and your question: i think the answer is no

Comment

If you are only using it for inhibit then what does it matter the scale that is being used? If your KNX data is coming from HS device it will be seen by mcsSprinklers as a number in the range 0 to 12. You can set the inhibit limit at 4 to inhibit irrigation above 10 knots, as an example.

Comment

Sorry for the delay, because i would like te be sure before reacting.
          Yes for the beaufort scale it is just a range from 0 to 12.
          And yes you described the inhibit correctly.

There is no hurry because 'm testing now with the kph setting, to see if the MCSKNX device can be used as an input to MCSsprinkler. . I was that the weatherstation can also be configured to send KPH data

But in the end i would like the beaufort setting because i think it is more imagining .

Comment

I added Beaufort in version 2.22.1.0. The zip for the updated .dll is at http://mcsSprinklers.com/MCSSPRINKLERS_22210.zip
            It gets unzipped into HS root folder to replace the prior mcsSprinklers_2009.dll.

Comment

Thnx . Installed it and will do some tests later this week .

Comment

I did some first tests.
                I need to deep dive in it a little bit because the combination of homeseer pluging and MCSKNX.

Comment

Working...
                X