Trying to understand rainfall measurements in general rain

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trying to understand rainfall measurements in general rain

I supply via an hs device input for rainfall to mcsSprinklers from my Ambient ws-1550-ip weather station. We've had a fair amount of rain this summer. So far in August, we've had 138mm of rain. About 142mm in July. However, when I try to get the historical rain within the general page rain device it shows only 50.3 for August. My settings are set to metric. I'm not sure what this number is. It can't be inches but certainly not mm either. Can this be broken? I'm running 2.22.0.11 on HS4 4.2.0.19.

If this is maximum, as per the graphs, it shows as centimeters and not millimeters....​​
    HS3PRO 3.0.0.500 as a Fire Daemon service, Windows 2016 Server Std Intel Core i5 PC HTPC Slim SFF 4GB, 120GB SSD drive, WLG800, RFXCom, TI103,NetCam, UltraNetcam3, BLBackup, CurrentCost 3P Rain8Net, MCsSprinker, HSTouch, Ademco Security plugin/AD2USB, JowiHue, various Oregon Scientific temp/humidity sensors, Z-Net, Zsmoke, Aeron Labs micro switches, Amazon Echo Dots, WS+, WD+ ... on and on.

Something is up with this post. When I edit it, I see the text as well as previewing it. However, when saved it doesn't show all content.
    I wanted to add...

If this is maximum, as per the graphs, it shows as centimeters and not millimeters. We only get centimeters for snow here.
    HS3PRO 3.0.0.500 as a Fire Daemon service, Windows 2016 Server Std Intel Core i5 PC HTPC Slim SFF 4GB, 120GB SSD drive, WLG800, RFXCom, TI103,NetCam, UltraNetcam3, BLBackup, CurrentCost 3P Rain8Net, MCsSprinker, HSTouch, Ademco Security plugin/AD2USB, JowiHue, various Oregon Scientific temp/humidity sensors, Z-Net, Zsmoke, Aeron Labs micro switches, Amazon Echo Dots, WS+, WD+ ... on and on.

Comment

Originally posted by langenet View Post
      However, when I try to get the historical rain within the general page rain device
      where do you see the historical rain data on the general device page?

Concerning rain data for my Davis weather station, I see data for “Actual Rain Prior 1-5”, “One Day Rain in 30 Days”, and “Rain Sensor”

Comment

Each sensor on the General Status page contains a calendar icon. Clicking on it will bring up a page to navigate to the historical data and charts.

Comment

Click on the little calendar beside the rain device. It will bring up the graph.

Comment

So... is this data in the chart wrong then or am I misinterpreting it?

Comment

I think the chart is missing.

Comment

Perhaps I wasn't clear. This annual chart is what I was referring to.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	39
Size:	113.7 KB
ID:	1632623

Comment

The chart reflects the rain sensor data from the database being used to save historical data. This database is populated every hour with the sensor data with the value starting at 0 at midnight and increases to a max value for the day at the next midnight. The max value for the sum of the first seven days max looks to be around 17 cm.

The pattern over the year looks odd for rainfall as I would expect the first half of this year to have more, and be more regular, than what is shown for the Summer. The database could be reviewed to confirm the display. If the display is correct then the sensor/provider of the rainfall measurement would then be looked into. Note that the database values for each hour can be reviewed by clicking on the day of interest in the calendar cell hyperlink. It can also be reviewed with external tools.

Comment

Living in Ottawa Canada, we've got snow during the first half of the year.
                    I now understand how it works. However, the graph shows a scale of centimeter but should be millimeter since that is how it is configured on the weather page.

Comment

Working...
                    X