X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Issues locating zone devices and weather issue

Hi Michael,
    It has been a while. I have two issues.
    1) I have replaced the Rain8 with the EtherRain (Very happy with it) unfortunately my devices from Device R1-R4 now are R53 - R56. The problem is that I can see the old devices but not the new ones. I have attached several print screens.

2) For some reason, the rain gets carry over from previous days. So to be clear, also if it did not rain today, it will still show 8.93
    Attached Files

Hi Michael,
    Not sure you saw this post, any help will be Appreciated.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

Comment

1. It seems that the Rain8 is still defined on the Device/Rain8 page of mcsSprinklers. What I would do is first remove this definition. Shutdown mcsSprinklers. Edit \config\mcsSprinklers.ini. Search for R53. Change it to R1. Do the same for R54, R55 and R56 as R2, R3 and R4. Start mcsSprinklers.

2. I looked into a couple ideas for the rainfall carryover. Most likely candidate is how OWM reports rainfall incrementally, but logic looks good to me. To investigate it would be easiest to start with the database where mcsSprinklers historical data is retained. If you are setup to use SQLite or Access then the database will be a single file in \Data\mcsSprinklers subfolder. It will be mcsSprinklers.db (SQLite) or mcsSprinklers.mdb (Access). Zip it and email to mcsSolutions at CenturyTel.net or post it here.

Comment

Thanks Michael, that fixed the problem by changing R53 to R1. Do I need to do anything else to remove rain8 and replace with ether or it should be fine?
        In regards to the rain, I have it on a Mysql database but this is the current settings, should I change it to Incremental?
        Attached Files

Comment

For R1, nothing else is needed.

Can you run a query from your database to provide rain for a couple of days around where you observe the problem. The following should be the SQL
          Code:
          SELECT SampleDate,Rain from sensors where SampleDate > '9/19/2023' AND SampleDate < '9/22/2023'
          ‚Äč

Comment

Thank you so much Michael, see attached.
            SELECT sampledate, rain from mcssprinklers.sensors where SampleDate > '2023-09-19' AND SampleDate < '2023-09-24'
            Attached Files

Comment

The daily total is not reset at midnight. I will add so debug to understand why.

Comment

Thank you, I will monitor my post for when an updated Plugin is available.

Aldo

Comment

Let us first change the rain sensor setting to Daily Total. I believe mcsSprinklers tries to transform the format used by OWM into that value. What is expected is the total goes to 0 at midnight.

Your screenshot for Weather Setup does not look correct as the options for how rain is measured should not exist when an internet source is used. What is your mcsSprinklers version?

Comment

Michael, I changed it to Daily, I will keep you posted. The version is 2.22.0.7. When try to update it to .11, it is indicating that was successful but when I refresh it, keep saying that it is at 2.22.0.7
                    Attached Files

Comment

Michael, same issue, the database still stores the same rain value every day and for some reason I can't update to .11

Comment

Michael, any other suggestions on how to update to the latest?

Comment

Disable mcsSprinklers
                          Download http://mcsSprinklers.com/MCSSPRINKLERS_22211.zip and unzip it into \bin\mcsSprinklers HS subfolder.
                          Remove MCSSPRINKLERS_2009.dll from HS root folder if it exists there.
                          If you want HS to show 2.22.1.1 then unzip the attached into the HS root folder. It does not affect the operation.
                          Enable mcsSprinklers
                          Assure Other Page Debug is enabled until the rain behaves as expected.
                          Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                          X