Odd zone behaviour when Max days W/O watering activates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Odd zone behaviour when Max days W/O watering activates

Just noticed an odd behaviour whenever the "Maximum days without watering" kicks in.

Zone 3 is supposed to run for one continuous cycle of 8 minutes, but instead runs 15 cycles of 1 minute on / 1 minute off, and finally one cycle of 3 seconds on. So instead of 8 minutes in one cycle, it runs 15'-3" in 16 cycles. When the same zone runs during the normal daytime it runs one cycle of 8 minutes as it should. I have 3 different areas with max days set and they all behave the same way.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2023-09-22 185911.png
Views:	60
Size:	12.6 KB
ID:	1635329

Name:	Screenshot 2023-09-22 185752.png
Views:	53
Size:	183.9 KB
ID:	1635330

When max days activates, it runs at midnight as expected, but runs on/off and twice as long as it should:

Name:	Screenshot 2023-09-22 190217.png
Views:	51
Size:	383.7 KB
ID:	1635331

When max days doesn't kick in it runs normally as below:

Name:	Screenshot 2023-09-22 190558.png
Views:	54
Size:	20.8 KB
ID:	1635332

Do you happen to have the debug file for 9/22/2023?

Comment

Yes. I had to strip it down to meet the 4MB upload limit. Hopefully I kept the part you need.

mcsSprinklers_GeneralDebug2023-09-22_12_00_00_AM-1.zip

Comment

The failure mode scenario is that the test to determine if irrigation needs to be forced was based upon the date the valve device changed. This worked to get it started, but failed after the valve was turned ON on the current day. The cycles occurred due to monitoring logic to assure a started zone completes its scheduled number of minutes. Additional logic was added to 2.22.1.1. The updated dll is available at http://mcsSprinklers.com/MCSSPRINKLERS_22211.zip

Comment

Thank you so much for your quick response Michael! I'll confirm the problem is resolved next time it happens.

Comment

The latest update didn't seem to resolve the problem. Now it goes on for 1 minute, then off for 2 minutes and repeats 24 times. It is supposed to just do a single 8 minute cycle.

While we're on this topic... I feel like the "Max days without watering" feature should still respect the "inhibit times" schedule rather than just triggering at midnight. I need to make sure the plants get watered every second day, but I like the system to intelligently skip a day when its been raining, humid, etc. But, the way it works now isn't good for the plants to be wet all night when it triggers at midnight, so it would be great if it would still respect the inhibit time schedule. So what I'm asking is for the "Max Days without watering" to override the "Control Strategy", but still respect the "Inhibit Times". Is that possible?

Name:	Screenshot 2023-09-25 184947.png
Views:	44
Size:	337.3 KB
ID:	1635662

Comment

Here is the corresponding log file in case you need it:

mcsSprinklers_GeneralDebug2023-09-25_12_00_00_AM -1.zip

Comment

Let us try this again. I updated the same file as the hyperlink in post 4. I also did not start the forced watering until the fixed times have been satisfied. This includes an Area start time, Area inhibit time, and Site inhibit time. The logic is now elapsed time greater than or equal to the number of days entered vs. the prior that was greater than.

Comment

Thanks Michael, that sounds great! Will report back on the results.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael McSharry View Post
                    Let us try this again. I updated the same file as the hyperlink in post 4. I also did not start the forced watering until the fixed times have been satisfied. This includes an Area start time, Area inhibit time, and Site inhibit time. The logic is now elapsed time greater than or equal to the number of days entered vs. the prior that was greater than.
                    Sorry, but still not working properly. Just to make sure I understood your post above... I installed the dll from the zip in Post 4 again. Was that correct?

Here is this morning's log from a different area, but same situation. This one is also supposed to run a single cycle for 8 minutes, with Max days without watering set to 2 days. But it ran 16 1 minute cycles. And it still started at midnight.

Name:	Screenshot 2023-09-29 113342.png
Views:	36
Size:	419.6 KB
ID:	1636249

The log: [ATTACH]n1636250[/ATTACH]

Comment

The latest debug does not have the added debug info so it is likely not running the intended MCSSPRINKLERS_2009.dll file.
                      In the HS root folder will be file HSPI_MCSSPRINKLERSP.exe.config and it should contain a line starting with "<probing privatePath="bin\mcsSprinklers;"
                      There should be no MCSSPRINKLERS_2009.dll file in the HS root folder.
                      I recompiled and attached here the file. It is placed in the \bin\mcsSprinklers subfolder. It should replace an existing one. I also included the plugin .exe so that HS will report the same version. It is optional and goes in the HS root folder.

Attached Files

Comment

My MCSSPRINKLERS_2009.dll file was in the HS root folder and nowhere else. No idea why it would have been wrong, left over from HS3 maybe? It's now in the \bin\mcsSprinklers subfolder as it should be.

The HSPI_MCSSPRINKLERSP.exe.config DOES contain the line starting with "<probing privatePath="bin\mcsSprinklers;"

The plugin page is now reporting ver 2.22.1.1 as it should.

Thanks for your help. Hopefully this clears up my issues. Will let you know.

Comment

Working perfectly now as we hoped. It ran a single cycle for the correct duration and waited until the inhibit time was correct. Thanks Michael!!!

Comment

Oops, I spoke too soon. Its much better but still not quite right. Sometimes works and sometimes not as per the logs below:

Vegetable garden should run one cycle of 5 minutes with Max 2 days:

Name:	Screenshot 2023-10-09 191133.png
Views:	23
Size:	399.6 KB
ID:	1637399

Front Garden should run one cycle 8 minutes Max 2 days:

Name:	Screenshot 2023-10-09 191407.png
Views:	19
Size:	399.2 KB
ID:	1637400

Rose Garden should run one cycle of 8 minutes Max 2 days:

Name:	Screenshot 2023-10-09 191956.png
Views:	19
Size:	399.8 KB
ID:	1637401

Logs:
                            [ATTACH]n1637402[/ATTACH]
                            [ATTACH]n1637403[/ATTACH]

Comment

I see the problem with the Rose Garden and the same is for the 10/8 run. What I cannot figure out is why on 10/3 and 10/5 the Vegetable Garden starts at 7:35, but later dates it starts at 7:28. The update is attached.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X