Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

rev 218 recorded weatherxml to database (min, max, icon, rain, uv etc ok) without Humidity

rev 219 recorded all weaterxml data to database
    Last edited by Droopyear; May 1, 2007, 04:56 AM.

Comment

New question.:
      My config: The rain source from mcstemperature + AAG 1-wire unit with mm, but the mcssprinkler say restriction page prior days, today "centimeter",i think is mm, set today value "1" (centimeter), rain down 7 mm and set inhibit rain to inhibited

Comment

It is expecting the metric rainfall input from Homeseer to be centimeter so when the value is input is 7 it treats it as 7 centimeter which is above the 1 centimeter threshold that was set. While it is easy to recognize this and adjust the threshold to 10 rather than 1, the real problem is when moisture level is computed due to rainfall. It will be giving credit for rainfall at a rate 10 times faster than mcsTemperature is providing it.

One way to handle it is to allow the units to be an input to mcsSprinklers on the Other page. The other way is to assume all rainfall measurements will be mm rather than cm. What units are normally used for rainfall in Europe?

Comment

In Eu norally units (daily, weakly, monthly...) is mm.
          Home, sweet home:
          http://www.met.hu/omsz.php?almenu_id...=0&kps=1&pri=1

Comment

Soil Moisture Synchronization and Rain8Net inputs

The beta version of mcsSprinlers 2.7.333 has added support for the new Rain8Net flash model that contains a input for use as a counter or discrete.

The same version added the ability to synchronize moisture levels within an area. This is actually the default if all zones in an area have the same factors and the setting is not changed on the Other Page Misc group. This will prevent the moisture levels of the zones from drifting apart and keeping the scheduling of all zones in the same area to operate on the same schedule.

Comment

rev 242
              I see moisture level change in area setup page, but dont change general status, and homeseer status page...
              and need one forecast setting equal mcstemperature "use previsous in bad reading", now cannot read one temperature data from weather.com, and set Forecast Max(1) -18 C

Comment

I had previously run into the General Status soil moisture and posted the update as V2.7.243. There are some places where I do reasonablness check on input data and ignore out of range data. The forecast temperature is not one of them. This is one that you will need to manually fix with an edit of the Sensors table if you do not want the bad historical readings.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael McSharry View Post
                  The beta version of mcsSprinlers 2.7.333 has added support for the new Rain8Net flash model that contains a input for use as a counter or discrete.

The same version added the ability to synchronize moisture levels within an area. This is actually the default if all zones in an area have the same factors and the setting is not changed on the Other Page Misc group. This will prevent the moisture levels of the zones from drifting apart and keeping the scheduling of all zones in the same area to operate on the same schedule.
                  I just purchased a Rain8Net module, and I don't see any mention or connections for a discrete input or counter. Are there different versions of this module?

tenholde
                  tenholde

Comment

Yes the latest with the counter/switch input and improved lightning protection is only available directly from wgl. I'm not certain what availability is. All new production should be the latest design, but the retail pipeline will need to clear out before they are readily available.

Comment

rev 2.7.266
                      other setup bug, i press the save changes > goes from page header formating hs to internal, and set Inhibit License Dependency to Dependency

Comment

I'm not able to repeat what you saw. Inhibit License Dependency is not one of the current set of inhibits. What Device code did this show up in? Is it repeatable with your setup? Does Version 2.7.266 show in the title?

Comment

[19 device is Inhibit License Dependency

Comment

19 is now the setup dependency which means the interview has not been completed. The Other Page expert mode superceeds this need for the interview. The license file \Config\mcsSprinklers_License.ini indicates that registration is with mcsSprinklers.com rather than Homeseer. Do you have this file present? The server selection allows either the HS or internal one to be used. This setting should be on the Other Page.

Comment

my home pc crashed, reinstall hs 2.2.11, updater mcssp 2.2.225, copy old mcssp.ini, mdb, copy new build, 2.2.264 for html, 2.2.268 for hs2, rerun interview, cannot save temperature device (homeseer [9 from mcstemp), copy empty license.ini say
                              ....xxx has been previously registered on computer [HOMEPC] Drive ID [455D-6DBF], Unable to register on this computer [HVACPC] Drive ID [FC9D-79C7], Registration does not match either Computer or Disk

Comment

I have reset your registration codes for mcsSprinklers and your xAP applications. For mcsSprinklers you can register either using your V2.6 license for mcsSprinklers by removing your mcsSprinklers_License.ini or leaving it there and using the startup form presented by mcsSprinklers.

I dont know of the relationship between [9 and mcsSprinklers, but it should not be related to licensing.

Comment

Working...
                                X