Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Two zone active ?

Hello Again,

I am starting to expand my usage of mcssprinklers. My understanding of the Rain8Net unit is that it allows multiple values to be active at one time. My recent testing is indicating that mcssprinklers will not drive this operation. I have one zone that needs to run 55 minutes each hour followed by a second zone running for five minutes and then repeating the next hour. This is for a pond fill control system. On the same Rain8Net unit I would like to run other normal watering zones one at a time. Thus there would be a maximum of two values active at one time. It seems that mcssprinklers does not allow this? Is this possible?

Thanks Again

The control logic does not provide for a combination of some areas in sequence while other areas in parallel. What I may be able to do is make the Area have a user selection to indicate if the area is part of the one-zone-at-a-time or not. My concern is not so much about the logic for control, but the logic that is needed when next water time predictions are calculated for the Zone Status page.

What you should be able to do, however, is use a periodic homeseer event set to 60 minutes. The event action will be to set a Rain8Net device ON and the same device OFF aftter a delay of 55 minutes. Do not associate this valve with any zone. When it is not a zone then it should not be part of the one-zone-at-a-time logic and you can accomplish both objectives.

Comment

That's a good suggestion. I will give it a try.

Thanks

Comment

Working...
      X