Can't back up mcsSprinkers fils

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can't back up mcsSprinkers fils

I am still evaluating mcsSprinklers. I have a program called SecondCopy 2000 that automatically backs up all my computers daily. The following errors are logged by SC every day:

08/05/2005 06:01:00 AM -
    cannot copy file C:\Program Files\HomeSeer\Data\mcsSprinklers\mcsSprinklers.ldb - The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process
    08/05/2005 06:01:00 AM - cannot copy file C:\Program Files\HomeSeer\Data\mcsSprinklers\mcsSprinklers.mdb - The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process

08/05/2005 06:01:00 AM - cannot copy file C:\Program Files\HomeSeer\Data\mcsSprinklers\StartupTrace.txt - The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process

My guess is that the files are in use by HS. I assume that if they are not backed up, and I lose them, that all my mcsSprinkler configuration work would be lost, correct?

What can I do to ensure these files get backed up?

I also use second copy and the same problem with every database that is open. I contacted centered systems and they indicated that it was more important to assure the file is correct when backed up that it was to backup the file. They could not assure the integrity of an open file.

The database only contains historical information and no setup information. If you loose it then your area page graphs and some of the averages that are computed over 7 or 30 days will go back to default values.

I believe that I run a script before the scheduled backup time and copy the database files so second copy can do its thing with the copy. The only one that caused me special problems was the SQL database since I had to use SQL to make the copy.

Comment

Which one is the SQL database?

Comment

I use SQL for my main data collection that is done via xAP. I did not enable SQL option for mcsSprinklers because the typical user will not have MS SQL installed. In my environment I run mcsSprinklers as an xAP node. I capture its valve actions and some of the computed quantities such as ET in the SQL database for purpose of later charting.

Comment

OK, so if I run a script to copy those 3 files just before the backup begins, that should work, right?

Have you tested it with HS 2.0?

Comment

I have done some testing of mcsSprinklers under HS2, but Smoothtlk has been doing more with it under HS2. It probably has more hours under HS2 than any of my plugins.

Comment

Working...
            X