Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Having Trouble with Upgrade

Hi Michael,
    I had started setup on my mcssprinkers system several weeks ago but got busy and could never complete. After catching back up on what has been updated through this forum, I upgraded to the latest and greatest version. Now, I can no longer communicate to my Rain8-X10-2 controller via serial port. I had done the initial setup of the Rain8, and got all they way through the config and was troubling shooting my wiring to my valves.

I removed the old references to mcssprinkler and started all over. When I start at the Rain8 Setup screen, I can set my com port to 3 (using the Rain8 supplier usb-serial converter), set module address to I, set to module type x10-2, enable times and then write to EPROM. I checked my Homeseer log and I see a message "Rain8 House Code must be in range A-P" and my module address field goes back to blank. I "read" the eprom and I get a module address of "A". I checked the mcssprinnklers.ini file and sure enouhg, house code is A (but I set it to I)
    Any idea whats up?? Im using 2.3.0.39..

Thanks!
    ~Ray

PS.. included my .ini file...
    Attached Files
    Last edited by ; August 11, 2005, 10:48 PM. Reason: Updated....

Pretty obvious mistake when I tried it. The update is posted on the MB.

Comment

Thanks Michael for the quick reply. Not sure I understand what you mean. Was there a problem and a fix is posted on the HS updater?? Ill look for it tonight.....

Thanks again!!!
      ~Ray

Comment

The interim changes are posted on the message board at the top of this subforum. It is typically simply unzipping the attachment into the HS folder (and subfolders). Good idea to register hspi_mcsSprinklers.ocx, but there should not be a need.

Comment

Ok - I'm going to first apologize because you are going to think I am a complete idiot.....but.... where do I find downloads within a subforum of this MB???

Ive only ever gone back to the HS updater in the past (quit laughing)...

I tried looking - but I just cant figure it out...

Sorry!
          ~R

Comment

Ok - took my wife to figure this out.

Found it!
            Sorry for the bother..... Ill let you know how this works...
            ~Ray

Comment

OK. well it appears everything is working but - I never get any valves to turn on. I found these entries in the ah.log:

8/14/2005 12:13:59 AM~!~mcsSprinklers~!~Port 3 opened for Rain8-Net
              8/14/2005 12:14:33 AM~!~mcsSprinklers~!~EvaluateWaterNow Zone=0 Line 1720 Subscript out of range
              8/14/2005 12:15:34 AM~!~mcsSprinklers~!~EvaluateWaterNow Zone=0 Line 1720 Subscript out of range
              8/14/2005 12:16:34 AM~!~mcsSprinklers~!~EvaluateWaterNow Zone=0 Line 1720 Subscript out of range
              8/14/2005 12:17:34 AM~!~mcsSprinklers~!~EvaluateWaterNow Zone=0 Line 1720 Subscript out of range

I see it opening port 3 (serial) but I have a Rain8-X10-2 controller and setup use of Homeseer powerline for control.

Ive tested to see if I can control an X10 device at the location of my Rain8 and no problem.

Any thoughts??

Thanks!
              ~Ray
              Attached Files

Comment

The top text box for PC interface on the Rain8 page has an entry for the Rain8Net. That is why it is opening the port.

The mode is set for seasonal shutdown. This can be toggled from a button at the top of the General Status page. Nothing happens when in Seasonal Shutdown.

I saw two areas where one was two days a week and the other on even days. The prediction for the two days was Wednesday which is not correct. I made the correction in V2.3.73. The even day prediction for tomorrow was correct.

After toggle of the seasonal mode I was able to have it cycle by allowing Monday to be a valid day.
                Last edited by Michael McSharry; August 16, 2005, 12:51 AM.

Comment

Made the changes you recommended plus upgraded to .73. Ill let you know what happens...

Thanks!
                  ~Ray

Comment

Working...
                  X