Just too unpredictable when a zone is going to run

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Having a similar problem with zone running at unscheduled times

I'm running the latest version 2375 but have experience the same problems with previous versions.

I have two areas defined. Areas 1 has three zones and Area 2 has 1 zone. Areas is scheduled to run at 5:00am and Area 2 at 7:00am & 6:00pm. However, Area 2 started at 7:30pm today and notice in the log that Area 1 was running at 5:00pm. I never been able to set the zones to run only at the time I specified. I'm using the "Day of the Week" option with only "time 1" set for Area 1 and "Time 1 & 2" set for Area 2. However, I have tried numerous other combination over the past month.

Although, I have specified only 1 time for Areas 1 it has been starting up multiple times daily and is not predictable.

I also have a problem with Area 1 and Area 2 running at the same time and I don't have the water pressure to support multiple zones running together. I didn't have this particular problem in the past when there was an explicit selection that asked if we would allow multiple zones or not. I have the "zone is part of a master sequence option selected".

I'm using the Rain8 2-way powerline version (not the Rain8Net).

All, I wanted was a simple program that would start my zones at a specfic time and allow me to see the status unders Homeseer. I have lost a siginificant amount time trying to get MCSSprinkler to work and I just don't feel it should be this hard. Unfortunately, with my work schedule I don't have a lot of time to deal with trying to resolve this issue especially while my lawn is not being watered properly. Therefore, I will have to either find the original scripts for the Rain8 or install a Rainbird unit and give up trying to get a status through Homeseer.

Comment

I agree it should not be hard. You can zip up your \Config\mcsSprinklers.ini and the .mdb file in the \Data folder and I'll take a look at the setup and history of what has happened. email is mcsSolutions at centurytel dot net

Comment

Working...
      X