No announcement yet.

Homeseer Interface

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jim, run the script with DeviceString rather than DeviceValue since mcsSprinklers uses the string. It does appear, however that DeviceString is being populated by VWS since there are decimal values showing. You can also post the mcsSprinklers.ini so we are clear about the setup you are trying.

Comment

Michael,

I modified the script to "devicestring" and the msg box appears with text but no value.
      I'm wondering now if Glenn Todd's program has a bug or stopped updating the devicestring with this recent version.
      My ini is attached.
      Jim
      Attached Files

Comment

The ini file does not seem to indicate a desire to use a HS devices for weather info. The section of the setup that would have the device codes entered for this functions are shown in the attachment.
        Attached Files

Comment

Michael,

Yes, that is where I have been entering the vws ]xx Codes. I searched for them and you are coreect, they were not in the ini. I hit "Save Changes" on the Other page and reopened the ini and Humidy appeared in the ini but the other three were not there. I hit Save Changes again, reopened the ini and all four are now there (attached). The values on the General page are 0s.
          Jim
          Attached Files

Comment

Plugin version

Ka7gzr,

Like you, my vws devices are stared with a "]". I'm using version 1.0.0.1 of the plugin with HS 2 build 1950.1. I stared using the plugin with HS 1.7. Assigning the appropriate devices on the other setup page of mcsSprinkers has captured the correct values in mcsSprinkers.

The problem may be with the verison you have. Where/how did you get a version 2. I can't find anything other than a version 1 of the plugin on the Ambient site.

Cecil

Comment

Cecil

I just purchased it a week ago. I got it here:
              http://www.ShopAmbient.com/vws/
              I don't know if your password will work.
              It does appear that v1 works and something changed with this v2.
              Jim

Comment

Jim,

Downloaded 2.0.0.8 from the link you specified. Uninstalled 1.0.0.1 and re-installed 2.0.0.8. Was able to duplicate the problems you described -- specifically the humidity and temp did not change and/or changed to zero values. Uninstalled 2.0.0.8 and re-installed 1.0.0.1 and the problem went away. Ambient must have changed something significant in 2.0.0.8.

As best i can tell 1.0.0.1 works just fine. It does generate an error upon startup about not using the correct method to enumerate devices (and change in HS2 from HS1), but the values all work correctly.

If you do decide to try 1.0.0.1, be aware that when you go into setup, the windows dialog will appear behind the HS browser window. You have to minimize that windows (and perhaps several others) before you can see the dialog. HS will seem to be stuck, but it is simply waiting for you to respond to the hidden dialog box.

Cecil

Comment

Cecil,

Thanks for the test. I posted yesterday on the Homeseer Weather Plug-Ins page the problem that I am experiencing. The author of the vws plug-in hangs out there (Glen Todd) and hopefully he can help me.
                  Thanks again,
                  Jim

Comment

I dont know the specifics of the conectivity or architecture of this this Homeseer plugin, but if you are also in need of data collection and charting capability then you can get the data into Homeseer with mcsTemperature and it will show up in both the DeviceString and DeviceValue.

Comment

What about a script until Ambient fixes the problem

Jim, couldn't you just put a script together that reads the device value and updates the device string and then make sure it runs right after the VWS Polling process.

Michael

Comment

I was thinking about something like that but was able to coorespond with Glen Todd the author of the plugIn today. He provided me with a version that now updates all of the values of vws devicString. I now have all of my weather station info successfully updating mcssprinkler.

Jim

Comment

Is the new version available for downloading

So for those of us still on older versions has he made the new version available for downloading?

Comment

Because of the way that it's marketed, I can't post it directly (it IS a commercial product), but I will provide a copy to Ed Edelman of Ambient, and in the mean time you can get updates by emailing me directly at glen@glentodd.net.

Comment

Version 2.086 is now available from the Ambient download site. Thanks Glen for the speedy response in fixing this problem.

Cecil

Comment

Working...
                              X