Homeseer vs General Status Page differences

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Homeseer vs General Status Page differences

Just noticed that the listing of devices in homeseer and the listing on the general status page have some differences. Is this supposed to be the case or should all devices appear in both places? Here's the differences as best I can tell

HS Gen'l Status
    \1 Force Max Days w/o Water missing
    \2 Inhibit Day of week missing
    \4 Inhibit Rain Fcst Future Days missing
    \8 Inhibit Odd-Even missing
    \9 Inhibit Virtual device missing
    \21 missing both places
    \33 ET missing
    \40 - \47 Sprinkler devices missing
    \64 ET Sensor missing

The status devices are recreated in HS on each startup if they do not exist. Could it be that they are hidden? I see all mine when I look in HS1.

Comment

Sorry, the formatting did not work in the post. All of the devices listed (except /21) show up in Homeseer, but not in the mcsSprinklers general status page. /21 does not show up in either homeseer or mcsSprinklers.

Comment

Only status devices that are active are displayed. For example, if you have no restriction on between hours then the inhibit status for it will not show on General Status. This is done to remove clutter. Does this explain it for the ones you are seeing?

Comment

It does for a lot of them. They were restricitons I don't use. However, that would not explain the following (I don't think) which show in Homeseer but not in mcsSprinklers

\33 ET
          \40 - \47 Sprinkler devices
          \64 ET Sensor

Cecil

Comment

ET Sensor /64 status is based upon using an ET input sensor from the Others page
            ET /33 was the old position of /64 before it was moved to be located with all the other ET info. It is "reserved" now. I suspect if you delete it in HS it will be recreated with a new name.
            At lease one of your Area status devices should show up if you have any zones defined. It shows for each area that is used

Comment

Thanks for the info.

Deleted /33. It did not re-recreate when HS restarted, but that doesn't seem to be a problem.

Running Rain8 X10 2 way with all the devices set to house code N1 - N8. They do show up at the bottom of the list on the general status page. Only the first one shows up as /40 on the general status page. The others show up as /41 - /47 in HS but not in mcs. This does not seem to cause a problem in the sprinklers turning on/off.

Just curious what should show up where and trying to determine if I should do full delete and re-install. With all the new versions coming out for HS2, there have been a lot of changes in my system over the past month or so.

Cecil

Comment

You probably have all your valves defined in Area 1. None in Areas 2 to 8 and that is why only Area 1 status (\40) is showing.

mcsSprinklers memory consists of mcsSprinklers.ini and the database that is normally in \Data\mcsSprinklers. I you save these two things then you should be able to recreate the setup. The database only contains history info so it is not essential.

Comment

Working...
                X