Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• License? and Watering Time?

I have 2 questions.

• I am running Homeseer 1.7. I have been trying to load 2.0, but having problems. The last instruction I have from Homeseer tech is to reload Windows XP. I am not ready to reload XP yet. I have downloaded the mcsSprinklers plug-in trial version. If I purchase mcsSprinklers now, then later get Homeseer 2.0 working, can I use the same license? If not, then I will have to wait until I get HS 2.0 working.

Thanks...

Walt

When you obtain a license HST should provide code for both HS1 and HS2. One license covers both HS versions.

You can specify up to 24 cycles per day for zones in an area. Assuming that your moisture loss is such that you will not want to do more that 38 minutes per day then define 4 non-overlapping start times on the Area page. Something like 7:00 7:45 8:30 9:15. In the Duration factors use 0.24 two of the times and 0.26 for the other two. This will give you 4 cycles that total 38 minutes.

The cycle will start on 7:00 AM after the moisture level drops below 60%.

Comment

Wow, thanks for the quick response. I got the reply yesterday, (Easter Sunday) in less than 2 hours but did not have time to respond.

On the area setup page, I have "Time 1" under Area 1 Sunrise Start Times, which I then entered 7:00, and "Time 13" under Area 1 Sunset Start Time. I do not see anyother times.

Thanks...
      Walt

Comment

You are correct. The approach I provided only applies to the three timed control strategies. My thinking on Measured and Calculated is that muliple times would only occur if the moisture loss rate was very high and then the cycle would occur automatically whenever the moisture gets to the threshold.

I understand the need for a stagged application when the absorbtion rates are less than the application rate.

I had thought about defining a valve 4 times with each having a duration of 25% so the normal scheduling would provide this staggered effect. The gotcha in this case is that one one of these zones is turned ON, then it will look as if all 4 are turned ON since they share the same physical valve. I will need to think about how something like this can be accomodated.

Comment

Working...
        X