Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Registred, paid and not unlock code

Hi Micheal,
    I am paid for standard version, receive email contain my code and password.
    I go to setup screen and enter this information.
    I don't understand, I restard HS and i have this screen.
    Thanks
    Attached Files

mcsSprinklers has a registration mechanism for the standalone version. It was extended so it could be use on the Homeseer plugin to support the HS1 users and because of difficulty that existed with HS2 recognition of two similiarly-named plugins. When the file mcsSprinklers_License.ini exists in the Homeseer 2\Config folder, then the plugin assumes you will be registering via mcsSprinklers.com. If this file is not present, then it informs HS that HS needs to provide the registration authorization.

If you obtain a license code from HST, then you must rename/remove the mcsSprinklers_License.ini file so you will be able to use the code that they provided. If you obtain a serial number from mcsSprinklers.com then you will enter that serial number on the form. The unlock code of the form will remain blank.

The HS2 were plugins are enabled will typically show a plugin for mcsSprinklers and one for mcsSprinklersS. You will always want to enable the mcsSprinklers plugin from this page. It is the one that contains all the irrigation logic. If mcsSprinklers_License.ini is present then you will leave mcsSprinklersP unselected. You can even remove hspi_mcsSprinklersS.ocx from the Homeseer 2 folder if you desire in this scenario as it is not used.

When licensing via HS, then you need to enable the mcsSprinklersS. The license code, obtained from HST, is associated with mcsSprinkerS and it will need to be entered otherwise HS2 will not allow mcsSprinklersS to be run.

Comment

Hi,
      I have .ini file.
      After rename the file *p.ocx for eliminate double file, I have basic version and not a standard version?????

Comment

I did not notice originally, but it looks as if you have registerd mcsSprinklersS via HST as it is showing as enabled and registered. You need to rename mcsSprinklers_License.ini to something else so it will not show up during restarts and mcsSprinklers will not prompt you for a registation serial number. The Other Page contains a Level selection at the top. If you are licensed for Standard then you should have the option to run as Standard or Basic.

Comment

Thanks!
          I have rename the .ini file and delete .ocx for "P" version and who! it's run correctly.
          Very good support from you.
          Michel

Comment

Hard disc crash. How do I reinstall?

Michael,

I have another similar problem. I had the Pro installed on my Dell Workstation, and I was about to begin programming when (not related to mcs) my hd crashed and I lost all my programs and data. It was brand new and not backed up.

I have my license IDs and pw's. The UPB plug-in installed ok, but the mcs Pro did not install. Its BRAND NEW. I bought it on 5/2/2008 and my computer crashed on 5/7/2008 (how's that for luck?)

How do I get this thing to install?

Thanks,
            Bill

Comment

If you purchased through HST Store or updater then the licensing is done with them and any problems will need a Help Desk ticket.

If you purchased through mcsSprinklers.com then the license is managed per the screen at the top of this thread. This screen appears when the file Homeseer 2\Config\mcsSprinklers_License.ini is present. It expect you to enter the serial number you received via email when you made the purchase.

If you want to register via mcsSprinklers.com in either case then you can PM me with the serial number from mcsSprinklers.com and I can reset it to allow install on a new computer. If you send me the HST license unlock code then I can setup a serial number via mcsSprinkles.com and you can use the \Config\mcsSprinklers_License.ini file to do the registration. To do this you create a blank file of that name.

If you have an HST license and you want to register via HST then make certain you do not have a mcsSprinklers_License.ini in the \Config folder.

Comment

mcsSprinklersP will not run.

The HS2 interface setup shows that mcsSprinklersp.ocx is registered and the interface is OK. I do NOT show mcsSprinklers, which I understand contains all the logic. I tried downloading from mcssprinklers.com, removing the mcsSprinklers_License.ini and replacing it with my mcsSprinklersP.lf, but I still get the same registration page asking for a serial no. etc. I tried my HST license ID and password, but that didnt work.

I have a service request in at HST. I hope this can get resolved soon. I need to complete the job.

Thanks,
                Bill Walters

Comment

The files you should have in you Homeseer 2 folder are
                  hspi_mcsSprinklersP.ocx
                  hspi_mcsSprinkelrs.ocx

The file you should NOT have in your Homeseer 2\Config folder is mcsSprinklers_License.ini

Download http://mcsSprinklers.com/setup_beta.exe. Run it and be very careful that Homeseer 2 folder is where you install it it. It will try to put in in Homeseer 2\Homeseer 2 sometimes.

The hspi_mcsSprinkelrsP.ocx that you got from the Updater should work for you. After setup_beta.exe is installed then go to HS Setup\Interfaces and you should see mcsSprinklers as a plugin and then enable it as IO Plugin.

Comment

Michael,

My plan is to build a stand alone system with mcssprinklers and EtherRain relay controllers. I worked with Jim at QuickSmart to have them modify their NP version of the controller so I can connect it in parallel with my current Stargate controlled system which I will use as a backup at least until I get the mcssprinklers system fully operational.

I purchased the pro version of mcssprinklers through HomeSeer thinking that I needed to have the plug-in installed in HomeSeer to be able to integrate the system with HomeSeer and then install the stand alone software. I have the license code from HST but it won't do me any good with the stand alone version.

Realizing my error, I have uninstalled mcssprinklers from HS and have installed it on my stand alone system and now need the license code from mcssprinklers.com.

I sent you a pm on this yesterday.

-- greg

Comment

I got your pm with the serial number.

Thanks for the great service!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                      X