Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Web pages blank

Hello Michael,

I recently upgraded my HS computer to Win7 x64. I wasn't sure which folder to migrate HomeSeer to (c:\Program Files\HomeSeer HS2 or c:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS2) and having read a recommendation I moved it to simply c:\HomeSeer HS2 (I figured it would be easier to migrate back to 32bit should the need arise).

mcsSprinklers seemed to work fine. Without a thorough inspection, at least I could navigate through all the setup pages.

Today I upgraded mcsSprinklers to 2.9.0.57 (I don't recall the previous version now, but it was very close). Now mcsSprinklers won't load any web pages, just a blank page no errors [example load myURL= /mcsSprinklers/mcsSprinklers.asp?Page=hs) - this asp file exists. I tried from HS setup menu both config links as well.

I did find that mscSprinklers.ini stil had references to c:\Program Files\HomeSeer HS2 (DATABASE= and 4 wiring pictures) so I edited the paths. I again reinstalled from the updater (just over top) and still can't access anything. I've been all through config folder and html\mcsSprinklers folder and can't find any bad paths.

HomeSeer acknowledges the plugin, and it shows licensed, but I don't see any mcsSprinklers startup messages (other than the plugin found) in the log after rebooting.

In settings.ini there is an mcsSprinklersP in "io_interfaces= "

mcsSprinklers_license.ini file is 0 bytes with the latest reboot timestamp

In c:\HomeSeer HS2\data\mcsSprinklers, the mcssprinklers.mdb database is 2.7Mb and is updating with the current time.

I've attached the log files.

Hope you can help!
    Attached Files
    Mike

Do you know where the mcsSprinklers_License.ini file came from? With V2.9 all licensing was done using the HST mechanism without the option for mcsSprinklers.com licensing for the plugin. You should be able to delete the file and be good to go, but I want to understand so I can make corrections if the problem is with the installer.

Comment

I did some researching, found I installed mcsSprinklersS from the updater in trial mode on 5/21/2009 (the same date as mcsSprinklers_license.ini file). I had a lot of issues and you helped me work through them:
      http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=135955

I'm just not certain at which point I upgrade to mcsSprinklersP, but from my backup files it looks like it was two days later (5/23), and purchased on 5/27).

After removing mcsSprinklers_license.ini, after restart HS it reappears (0KB) as soon as HS finds the plugin.
      Mike

Comment

I reuploaded after dealing with the license file. I did not change the rev from 2.9.0.57. Thank you for pointing this out to me.

Comment

Hi Michael,

Thanks for the update, it's working now! BTW, it still creates an empty mcsSprinklers_license.ini file when starting.
          Mike

Comment

When I tested last night I did not have the file created. Are you certain?

Comment

Yes I certain. I wasn't sure if I needed to delete the file prior to re-installing, so I deleted it anyway. After restarting HS, the file came back with the timestamp of when the plugin was discovered.

To double-check, I just now shutdown HS, deleted mcsSprinklers_license.ini (in config folder) and restarted HS. File came back with timestamp of when the plugin was initialized:

Found Plugin at 12:12pm
              Initialized Plugin at 12:15pm (large iTunes library load in between)
              mcsSprinklers_license.ini created at 12:15PM.

When I was unable to load the web pages, there was never the initializing of the plugin, only HS finding the plugin, yet the license file was also created (what I thought was the discovered time).

Everything works fine here nonetheless.

Hope this is helpful.
              Mike

Comment

Working...
              X