Will this work with just X10 or do you have to have the rain8 boards

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Will this work with just X10 or do you have to have the rain8 boards

I am asking because today I have an old, I believe its a RCS 16 port X10 board that I am just turning on and off the sprinkler valves and am interesting in adding some of the other features.

When I add the one for the front yard it would be easy enough to get the rain8 but since I already have this hooked up and working would be nice to use it.

Thanks...Sonny

I guess this must be a no.

Comment

mcsSprinklers will work with any of the Rain8 Family, with any other X10 device and with every HS devices that has been attempted. In the case of UPB you need a PIM independent of the lighting PIM used by the HST plugin for UPB as the lighting plugin does not know how to control the Rain8UPB. With basic X10 you only get one-way communication, but if your RCS supports the STATUS_REQUEST X10 command then it will be two-way.

Comment

I appreciate your reply. This board is OLD so I would doubt it supports 2 way but I'll check if I can find the old info in it.

I will get one of the newer boards for the front yard once I get the water leak fixed then I can order your plugin and make it all work for this summer.

Again, thanks for the reply...sonny

Comment

Working...
        X