HStouch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HStouch

I don't know if anybody uses HsTouch together with mcsSprinklers, but I'm having some problems with it.

I've created 2 images of a sprinkler. One 'popped up' (ON) and one 'down' (OFF). When I make a image with "status tracking normal" the OFF image shows OK, but when the sprinklers are ON the image blanks.

the only explanation that I can think of is that sprinkler device doesn't pass it's ON status correctly.

Is there any way to check this?

V2.9.0.57 (Standard) mcsSprinklers
    V1.0.33 HStouch

regards,
    Last edited by glabbeek; March 12, 2010, 04:18 AM.

I am a total novice with HSTouch, but I get a behavior that I do not expect for a HS device that has an icon present in the device string.

In the designer I associate Status Tracking Normal to a HS device and select pressed and normal to have the same behaviors. I select the "Use Status Image" as the tracking method.

I then go to the StatusImages property and add two images that match of DeviceStatus of ON and OFF. If the HS Device does not have an icon present in the DeviceString then the two images that were setup with ON/OFF associations will show as expected on HSTouch client. If there is an icon in the DeviceString then the ON status will show that icon and the OFF status will show the image associated with OFF.

This behavior is not specific to mcsSprinklers, but any HS device.

Since I really dont know much about HSTouch, I would also like to know how to make this status image association so it ignores the contents of the DeviceString when it selects the image to show as the status changes.

Comment

I see what you mean.

I'll try this with some other devices and see what happens.

I'll check with Rich from HS if he knows anything about it.

Thanks for now.

Comment

I think the problem is that the device string holds 2 images of wich the first one (calendar icon) doesn't change when the device status is changed from ON to OFF.

The second icon does change, but HStouch doesn't track this one.

Is it possible to change the order of the 2 images?

regards,
        Willem-Bram

Comment

The columnar nature of the General Status page will be lost if the icon order is reversed. It seems like a bug in HSTouch where the behavior is dependent upon the contents of the DeviceString when the user defines it to track to Status Match.

If you want to work around this HSTouch behavior then you can create new virtual devices where the status tracks the mcsSprinklers valve devices, but the device string is left blank. You could then use the new virtual device with HSTouch. The new device could be done with events or a single event using the StatusChangeCB scripting method.

Comment

I already was afraid that it would impact the sprinklers interface.

I'll try the work around, but I will also check if something can be done about this in hstouch itself.

Thanks,

Comment

Michael,
              Are there any advances to using mcsSpinklers with HSTouch that you can share? Such as premade templates, icons...

Alan

Comment

This would be great, I was just working on this project myself yesterday, I was hoping to find some already built templates. I own and like both products, it will be nice if there is some nice integration between the two.

Comment

mcsSprinklers has it own built-in touch screen and all the information that is shown on the screen is available via the mcsSprinklers interface described in the manual. I see HSTouch and Main Lobby as a screen layout tools to suit personal taste and themes. Since these are generic layout tools you will not be able to achieve the degree of information content with mouse-over events with these tools as you get with the javascript dynamics built into the mcsSprinklers touch screens. I believe Pete took an approach where he embedded the mcsSprinklers touch page in a HSTouch page, much like can be done with Main Lobby.

Comment

I know this old but is there a better way these days?
                    I'm still learning how to do all this so the virtual device creation stuff could be tough.

I was thinking since the status image for off works fine then all I really need is an image for anything other than off.
                    I tried doing that by setting the image normal to the proper image but it still just blanks out.
                    If there was a way to force the image normal that might solve the problem...
                    Last edited by Mario23; August 12, 2012, 02:57 PM.
                    HS4Pro Win10 | Fire Tablet touchscreen client, Android Phones and Tablets | Jon00 | Smartthings | Philips Hue | Trane | Caseta | Nanoleaf | Ring | August | Evolve | Aladdin | Amazon Alexa/IFTT

Comment

Working...
                    X