reinstall v2.9 after DOM upgrade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

reinstall v2.9 after DOM upgrade

I have Hometroller running HS-PRO and I upgraded my memory from 4 to 8 gig and had to reinstall software and reload plugins.

I have Hometroller version 2 with newest DOM which has .net 3.0. I tried updating to .net 3.5 but it wouldnt work. So I am stuck and cant move on to mcs version 2.10.

I havent been able to find where I can install v 2.9 through homeseer Update.

So I tried just copying all my old mcs files into my current setup, being careful not to miss any, but Im getting tons of CLSID errors.

So then I tried another approach: I found the link for v2.9.35 setup on the forum and ran it but still many errors.

I am going to delete all mcs files from the D: drive and await your input. I have the old files backed up on another computer.

Is there an easy way to get this working? It would be nice if Homeseer Update had two versions, one for the unlucky ones like me who have to use v2.9, and the newer v2.10 for everyone else.

The .NET 2.0 compile for V2.10 has a link on the sticky thread at the top of this subforum at the bottom where ther version info is contained. It assumes you have mcsSprinklers already installed and want to replace the .NET 3.5 files with the .NET 2.0 ones.

The V2.9 installer can be downloaded from http://mcsSprinklers.com with filename of mcsSprinklersX_2_9_0_57.zip where the X is B, S or P depending upon your version.

When you use the updater, HS will deposit a .zip file in what I recall to be the \Updates or \Updates2 folder. If you replace the current one from the updater immediately after shutting down HS after the updater run with the V2.9 one then when HS starts it will install the V2.9 one. You many need to rename the V2.9 file so it is the same as the one that was downloaded for V2.10.

You can run with V2.9 or replace the files with the one from the V2.10 .NET 2.0 link to run with V2.10.

If I recall the installer will not allow you to run the updater's V2.10 because of the .NET 3.5 dependency. If it will, then you do not need to do the V2.9 step above, but just replace the files from the .zip from the .NET 2.0 download. If you are able to restore your prior install folders rather than reinstalling V2.9 then it will work just as well. All V2.10 files have no COM dependencies that existed in prior versions so as long as you use the V2.10 .NET 2.0 files then any dependencies that you experienced should no longer exists. What you do need are all the other support files such as the HTML icons that are deposited by any mcsSprinklers installer.

Comment

Thanks for the help.

I got it working.

I remembered that I had saved my entire HS2 folder prior to upgrade. In the Updates2 folder was the v2.9.0.27 installer file already unzipped. I copied and moved it to the current Updates2 folder and ran the install and everything worked. I did have to move all the config files and data files over to restore the original configuration. I then grabbed the latest 2.9 dll and now Im running 2.9.0.57.

Comment

did notice one thing though.

Homeseer logs state that 2.9.0.27 plugin loads then a few lines later 2.9.0.57 loads.
        When I go to plugin interface page on homeseer, it says plugin 2.9.0.27. But when I go to MCS sprinklers page it says 2.9.0.57.

The zip file on the forum only had MCSsprinklers file. there wasnt a hspi_mcssprinklers file with it.

Did I upgrade wrong? I just replaced the one dll file.

Comment

The plugin wrapper (eg mcsSprinklersP) is likely .27 while the _2009.dll is .57. The wrapper only handles the HST license so it really do not matter which version it is.

Comment

Working...
          X