Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Strange...

Originally posted by Michael McSharry View Post
    I started to look at you #12 data a few days ago but did finish with travel plans. I will continue with it today.
    As mentioned in the PS above, I upgraded to V...04 late yesterday. Since yesterdays single cycle did not update the soil moisture, it was scheduled to water again today. It did, and strangely, all valves watered and all cycles completed, and soil moisture updated to 100%. Just like it was supposed to, all without any configuration changes on my part. So, something in your handling of cycles (v...04) appears to be different than the last two attempts at watering (v...02). Just wanted you to know.

Not to sound picky or anything, but it is interesting that I had specified 9 minutes between valves AND cycles and it appears to have waited 10 minutes between both.

Gary
    Attached Files

Comment

V2.11.0.5 has been uploaded. It takes care of
      1. Sync moisture in middle of round robin cycle during delay
      2. Delay one minute more than specified
      3. Restart does not status properly in middle of round robin

I made a slight change after running test to standardize way round robin active is determined, but I do not expect it to affect the results, just improve maintentance. I made the timing change in the middle of the test run with results shown as attached.
      Attached Files

Comment

Hello Michael,

I noticed that I had never installed a picture for the "[Area 1]". I did so at an IE session on the Homeseer Box. All appeared fine but I saw an error in the log. The picture I put in was:

"area-1.jpg"

mcsSprinklers changed the name of the file it was looking for to:

"area 1 (Lockport).jpg

which caused an error cuz it couldn't find it. So I changed the picture to the name:

"area 1 (Lockport).jpg"

and the error in the log went away.
        Last edited by Pete; May 2, 2011, 05:34 AM.
        - Pete

Auto mator
        Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
        Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
        HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
        HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

The HST server does not know how to handle multi-part forms that are need to upload pictures. In prior version the requirement was to have browser on same computer as HS to do pictures. Now with the intended linux target I need to use the multi-part forms. If you select use of mcsSprinklers server temporarily form the Other Page then you can upload your pictures.

Comment

Thank you Michael.
            - Pete

Auto mator
            Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
            Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

After reading your post again I would like to know more specific about what you did.
              You are using V2.11.x?
              You used the browse for file button from the Picture Entry page?
              The picture uploaded to the \HTML\mcsSprinklers\Pictures folder in mcsSprinklers?
              The picture was good, but the name changed?
              There was not already a picture of the same in the folder prior to trying to upload?

Comment

You are using V2.11.x?
                I was using 2.11.04. I used the browse for file button from the picture entry page on my desktop. The picture was uploaded to the \HTML\mcsSprinkler\Pictures folder of mcsSprinklers.
                The picture was there and the name was not changed. I validated this by browsing to the directory and looking for it on the console of Homeseer.

mcsSprinklers wouldn't see the picture though.

I looked at the properties of the picture that mcsSprinklers was trying to see and it took out the "dash" and put "(Lockport)" in the name.

IE:
                Uploaded the picture and picture name of:
                "area-1.jpg"
                when I went to look at it with mcsSprinklers it looked for:
                "area 1 (Lockport).jpg"

and put an error in the log entry that it couldn't find the file.

So then I just renamed the picture to "area 1 (Lockport).jpg and its working now and shows the picture.

5/1/2011 4:04:16 PM mcsSprinklers ReadImageInfo file C:\Program Files\HomeSeer 2\HTML\mcsSprinklers\Pictures\Area 1 (Lockport).jpg Line 0 Could not find file C:\Program Files\HomeSeer 2\HTML\mcsSprinklers\Pictures\Area 1 (Lockport).jpg.
                5/1/2011 4:04:46 PM Error Web Server Error 404, cannot serve file: C:\Program Files\HomeSeer 2\html/mcsSprinklers/Pictures/area 1 (lockport).jpg
                5/1/2011 4:05:28 PM Error Web Server Error 404, cannot serve file: C:\Program Files\HomeSeer 2\html/mcsSprinklers/Pictures/area 1 (lockport).jpg
                5/1/2011 4:06:17 PM Error Web Server Error 404, cannot serve file: C:\Program Files\HomeSeer 2\html/mcsSprinklers/Pictures/area 1 (lockport).jpg
                - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

Back to its old issues...

It (v2.11..5) was scheduled to run this morning and it performed its old one & done thingy again. It did one (2 min) cycle of Zone 1, valve #10 at 5 AM, and then stopped (see below). I started the two cycles starting at 7:22 AM manually. I have attached supporting documentation.

I will upgrade to the latest ...8 version and change the delays for the cycles. I need to find something that works. If you find something, please post otherwise I will assume I am on my own and continue my configuration trial and error.

I did notice in the ...7 change log: "Solar vs. UV for ET calc swapped" and am not sure what this means or how it may affect my configuration regarding ET calculations. I am using the Davis for reporting ET, via the csv file and have specified "none" for the Solar.

Thanks
                  Gary
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by Kbevo; May 7, 2011, 10:11 AM. Reason: Wordsmithing

Comment

What you are seeing is the same thing that I saw in Alan's data with the 2.11.0.8 update. After further testing last night I found that the mositure sync was no longer occurring when it should, but this should not affect your operation. I will be submitting this correction and some work with fertigation later today to the updater for a new release. I think this class of problem is behind us. What I am not as confident about is the restart situation since there are so many possible scenarios and especially with round robin since it has intermediate states.

With the new update I will also enable the auto-update for beta releases that can be selected from the Other Page. This is just a convenience items to make this process simplier.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael McSharry View Post
                      What you are seeing is the same thing that I saw in Alan's data with the 2.11.0.8 update. After further testing last night I found that the mositure sync was no longer occurring when it should, but this should not affect your operation. I will be submitting this correction and some work with fertigation later today to the updater for a new release. I think this class of problem is behind us.
                      So you are saying the "next" release will fix this problem, or 2.11.0.8 fixed it?

What I am not as confident about is the restart situation since there are so many possible scenarios and especially with round robin since it has intermediate states.
                      Whenever a round robin cycle does not finish, I usually do a "Stop"/"Restart". I have never had good results with it restarting the next day from where it left off.

With the new update I will also enable the auto-update for beta releases that can be selected from the Other Page. This is just a convenience items to make this process simplier.
                      So, I should get the next version (i.e. new release) from the updater? That is, it wont be posted here (mcssprinklers, new releases thread)?

Thanks
                      Gary

Comment

V2.11.0.8 has the correction for what you and Alan observed. This version does not correctly sync zones in an area so they will tend to drift overtime. I fixed this in the next one.

There are changes in the one being submitted to the updater that will make it easier for you to install beta updates, but just clicking a button the Other Page. I had to change mcsSprinklersP to do this so that is why the new one from the updater is preferred.

Comment

Ok, cool. I will check the updater tomorrow.

Gary

Comment

Enabled the sprinkler system yesterday. This is the first season that I didn't need to reset the Rain8's before testing each zone. Worked first time.
                            Attached Files
                            Last edited by Pete; May 15, 2011, 09:47 PM.
                            - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

No issues running latest mcsSprinklers now for about a week. I've not had to water and only tested the 10 zones for function. Earlier I noted that I didn't have to reset the Rain8's.

Every year now for the last 4-5 years I've had to reconfigure them; but I didn't know why. I never unplug the 24VAC PS nor do I disconnect the serial port.

I did reset the soil moisture to 100% the day I turned on the sprinklers.

I do see Area-1 when I do a status but I do not see it on the Area Touchscreen (I'm not sure though if I am supposed to see it though).
                              Attached Files
                              Last edited by Pete; May 20, 2011, 07:53 PM.
                              - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

Working...
                              X