No announcement yet.

Communicating Usb Serial to Rain8net

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I not clear about the status colors, but I feel I am getting closer to get this to work!!

Thank you for your help

Bigmack48
    Last edited by BIGMACK48; June 10, 2011, 11:14 PM.

Comment

I still cannot figure out why the status goes from green to yellow when I manual or automatic set zone1 on. I have run a communication test several time and all zone come on and off ok. Could you tell me what is preventing zone1 from turning on. What files do you need to help with this problem. I also notice that all my soil level exceeds 100%. Is it because it rained yesterday?, if so is there any way I can override the setting and turn on manually?.

Thank you

Greg mack
      Last edited by BIGMACK48; June 13, 2011, 11:33 AM.

Comment

The text to the right of the yellow icon describes the status of the icon. As I indicated before, yellow has multiple interpretations and the text needs to be read to understand what it indicates.

If you collect debug data using the Other Page to enable debug logs then the scheduling information and communication information will be captured. The files are in \HTML\mcsSprinklers\Data with name General*.txt where * is the time the file was created. It is created each midnight or when the Write button is used from the same area of the Other Page. The Write button will flush the cache and then start a new debug file. Typically the debug file of interest is the one just before the new one is created with the Write button. Zip and post the debug file after you try to control a valve and then use the Write button to flush the cache.

mcsSprinklers will indicated over 100% when the moisture level is going up, but return to 100% and decrrease when the rain stops.

The Zone Status page allows you to set soil moisture levels manually zone by zone or by site for any zones that are controlled by ET scheduling.

If you have not already posted \Config\mcsSprinklers.ini then it should be included as well with the debug.

Comment

Here are files you requested.

Thank you

Gregory Mack
          Attached Files

Comment

The IOWindow.txt shows you continue to have good communications

The Debug shows that the house code associated with the Rain8Net devices is expected to be "_", but mcsSprinklers.ini shows the devices at "R". I edited your .ini file to change "R" to "_". I cannot test on my machine but it is worth a try on your to find to quickest solution. Place this file in \Config and then start HS.

You will want to delete the "R" devices associated with the Rain8Net. You should also observe if the "_" devices are already defined for the Rain8Net devices. After you do this restart HS and if the devices "_" devices are not associated with the Rain8Net then go to Wiring page and do a Save.

One of the hidden properties that HS maintains is the plugin associated with each device. I do not know how you got "R" as the house code as it should be one assigned by HS. I also do not know what devices HS has on your computer associated with the "_" house code. What you want is that house code to only be the Rain8Net valves.

I have a utility posted on the ADIOcelot forum to ManageInterface or InterfaceManager that allows you to view and edit some hidden properties including the interface, but that is another way to edit your setup to get the desired relationships.

You should have another house code that is used for the mcsSprinklers status devices. You do not want this to the the same as the Rain8valves and it should also be a special character assigned by HS.

The bottom line of all of this is that you need to have the house code assigned by HS for the Rain8Net devices to be the same one that is in the [Rain8Units] section of the .ini file.
            Attached Files

Comment

Thank you that fix the problem.

How do I upgrade to pro version?

I only have the HS serial no, not the original serial no to upgrade

What do I do?

Thank you

Bigmack55
              Last edited by BIGMACK48; June 14, 2011, 04:55 PM.

Comment

Now that you have found the problem to be the house code you may also have the option to try to communication using the virtual COM port and keep the STD. I do not know if you will have communication problems with it or not. Many have gone to direct IP communicaitons.

If you want to upgrade it can be done via mcsSprinklers.com and you will need a standalone license code to do it. Email to mcsSolutions at CenturyTel dot net your existing licence code for the STD plugin and I will give you a standalone serial number you can use. I will then send you a HST license code for the PRO version when you upgrade.

Comment

Working...
                X