X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Restrictions Setup" Page Missing

Michael,

I've been having two problems:
    1. I cannot get an image to associate with a valve. I'm on vs 2.11.0.44, and my imgs are location in \html\mcsSprinklers\pictures. I have placed a new img in the folder and have changed the name. I save the page but no img association. All other valves have proper images associated. I am aware of the thread of 07.03.11. I have not tried using the Sprink server yet. Is that the only other option?

2. Whenever I chose "Restrictions Setup" in the sprink menu, it always returns the "General Status" page. All other menu items return correct pages except that one. It used to work and may have stopped after the last upgrade..not certain. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

Dennis

The first one is likely because you have not used the HS updater for V2.11 so some of the supporting files have not been updated. One of these is the links file that changed to point to site setup rather than restrictions setup.

If you have spaces in your file names then change them to underscores for the pictures. Use of the mcsSprinklers will also work.

Comment

No Joy

Michael,

Thanks for the quick reply. I was wrong on the version..I do have 02.11.0.37. All of my pictures are in the homeseer 2/images folder and I renamed the files as directed. Interesting that most of the pictures that showed correctly had spaces in the names while the one that does not show has no spaces.

Anyway, I still have no joy and the two problems still exist: no pic for one valve and no "Restrictions" page.

Is there a "next step"?

Dennis

Comment

mcsSprinklers pictures are located in \HTML\mcsSprinklers\Pictures\
        The Updater should have installed \HTML\mcsSprinklers\mcsSprinkler_links.htm for V2.11. It is attached.
        Attached Files

Comment

OK. Changed the pictures location , renamed the file to eliminate spaces and installed mcsSprinkler_links.htm. On starting mcsSprinkler none of the menu items worked, 404 error. Had to reinstall from the updater. Noticed the "Restrictions Page" is no longer on the menu. Now back to square one with the picture saving. I have also tried using the mcsSprinkler server but the issue remains. I did note an error message: vAPIni Housecode=' Line 0 The expression contains an invalid string constant:"'.

Comment

You are going to have all sorts of problems with "Housecode=' " The apostrophe is not database friendly. mcsSprinklers tries to filter out this and some other house codes that are assigned by HS.

What is the house code you see in HS device status for the mcsSprinklers status devices? Has it changed from last year? There are ways to manually force a different house code to be assigned, but first need to confirm what you have.

When you rename the picture file did you also rename the Wiring setup zone name? The only difference between these two should be with spaces in the Wiring name should be underscores in the filename.

V2.11 does not have a restrictions page. It has a site page that consolidated the site-wide setup information. The previously attached file has the link to site rather than restriction page.

Comment

I'll look for the apostrophe now that I know what is causing the error.

Yes, I renamed both in the wiring (took out spaces) and the pic file so they match. I could not find which page allows applying a pic to the areas, however. I cannot get a pic to stic with them either.

Dennis

Comment

After my last post I went back to the interview and tried to set the picture file that would not stick. That was the ticket..it worked! Where do I set the names for the areas..I've looked everywhere (OK, I admit I've missed somewhere, but where?).

Also, I've looked at all of the status devices for mcsSprinklers and did not find one that only has a single apostrophe. Numerous have apostrophe and a number, e.g. '1.

Dennis

Comment

Zone setup page Contains the name. It would probably be more intuitive if I put that on the Area setup page.

You likely need to do something to use a different house code. That apostrophe will likely cause you a problem somewhere. I posted a utility ManageInterface on the ADIOcelot subforum at a sticky near the top of that subforum. It will allow you to edit some critical device properties that you cannot edit using the interface provided by HST.

In your case you will want to change the house code of all the mcsSprinkler devices that use apostrophe to another house code that is not being used by other plugins. After you do this then restart HS.

Comment

Working...
                  X