Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does syringing honor time restrictions?

Scenario:
    I set syringing to trigger if the temperature goes above 95.
    I set site level or zone/area time restriction from noon until 8pm.
    At 4pm the temperature hits 96.
    At 8pm the temperature is already down to 94.

What does mcsSprinklers do?
    A: Disregard the time restriction and syringe at 4pm.
    B: Not syringe at all.
    C: At 8:01pm, syringe.

??

Comment

A, but it may not start right at 4. I see a bit of a delay with my system. Restrictions don't matter with syring (at least for my system).

Comment

The intention for Syringing is operate similiar to a manual control, but which is scheduled based upon a one time per day temperature threshold. The theory is to provide a cooling effect and not a moisture level change in the soil. I believe Seasonal Shutdown is the only priority over Syringing and Manual controls.

Comment

Hi Michael. I get the point about its default priority setting. This makes sense in the context of a normal "heat of the day" time restriction, like in my example above. However, it makes it impossible to use syringing to help protect the foliage when it is needed the most...when it is SO hot and dry that cities are also putting watering bans in place. I would like to be able to syringe to cool the garden flowers off when it hits 100, unless it is one of the watering ban days. I don't want to get a 500 dollar fine! Could we have few check boxes for syringing like "Honor day of the week time restrictions," and "Honor time of day time restrictions," or some other work around to deal with the watering bans going into effect around the country?

Comment

Another way to handle it would be to categorize the restrictions options, such that certain categories of restrictions (like water ban restrictions) are higher in the priority list than the syringing.

Comment

This capabilty is not something that I will add in the near term. What I can suggest is that you develop an event model within Homeseer to control mcsSprinkler valves per whatever syringing and restriction logic you want to use. In essence it is one or more events that are conditioned on temperature and day-of-week which device actions to control devices manually.

Comment

Working...
              X