MCS Sprinklers Pro fails registration process

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MCS Sprinklers Pro fails registration process

MCS Sprinklers Pro is showing unregistered and fails online registration using my valid license ID and password in HSPRO license information page.

Following Error:
    Registration error! License ID is invalid.

HSPRO 2.5.0.23
    mcsSprinklersP 2.11.0.9

Helpdesk has advised that my license ID and password are correct.

Thoughts?

Does the error come when you are using HS page Interfaces - Setup - and try to register or are you getting this sometime later?

Comment

When using HS page Interfaces - Setup - and trying to register

Comment

The software is initially obtained from the HS Updater. Included in this package is a mcsSprinklers.lf file that was provided by HST for purpose of registration. The updater automatically puts this file on your computer. After you go to Setup - Interfaces and select to register the plugin the HST software will overwrite the .lf file to encode your registration information. This whole process is something that plugin providers have not control or visibility.

Once a registration is successful or a trial has been started then HS calls the plugin to allow it to do its initialization. You are not getting to this point. If you followed the above process and did not have success then you need to try again with HST.

You may want to rename the mcsSprinklers.lf file before using the updater to assure that what the updater populates is a virgin .lf file.

Comment

I did rename the mcsSprinklers.lf file and reinstalled the current build.

The following error above still occurs when trying to register.

Do I need to delete everything associated with mcssprinklers and start over?

Comment

I really cannot provide much guidance as is it like asking he guy in the trailor why the car is not working correctly.

The normal process is to use the HS updater and select mcsSprinklersP. It will download the package which includes the .lf file and the mcsSprinklers installer. The prompt in the HS log is to restart HS. The mcsSprinklers installer will then run and populate all the mcsSprinklers files. I forget if you need a restart at this point, but I do not think so. Then go to the Setup-Interface to enable mcsSprinklersP and register online using the unlock code provided by HST. After success then HS will initialize mcsSprinklersP.

Comment

Do you have another PC you could load a 30 day trial of HomeSeer and just MCSSprinklers and see if your license works. Are you sure you are using the correct password? Reopen the help desk ticket and we can try creating a new license and see if that works.
              💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Working...
              X