Cannot install onto HomeTroller Series 3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cannot install onto HomeTroller Series 3

Anyone had a problem installing mcsSprinklers on Hometroller 3? The first step in the install tries to install .net 3.5. This fails with a 1603 error. I have tried many things inlcudingdopwnloading striaght from Microsoft, disabling HSProtect; various other things I found on the web (I stopped short of downloading a registry cleaner and running that---sounded too risky; I'd rather know what I am cleaning and do it myself.

Any thoughts?

Pete

A search turned up:
    http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=148612
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Still cannot install .net --- I copied the two dll's to enable the BITS service. When it still didn't work, I downloaded the 200Mbyte distrivbution version of .net. It says "up to 500 Mbytes of disk may be required", but the extraction failed halfway through saying it is out of disk space (I have more than 1.7GB available on my hometroller C-drive. In hopes that maybe HS Protect was causing something funny to happen, I disabled it, but still get the out of disk message.

(This is trying to load 3.5 --- not even worrying about SP1).

Any more ideas (I hope)?

Pete

Comment

Solved it --- .net is installed

Took a lot of finagling --- the extraction process did not work, saying it was out of disk, even though >1.5GB remained. I wonder if there is a full path name limit on XP embedded that doesn't exist elsewhere?

I solved it by starting the installation (from the full 200+MB distribution) on a different PC. It tells you the directory (on c:\) where it is extracting. After it extracted, but before I cancelled the install I copied the entire extracted directory sturcture to a shareed drive accessible to Home Troller. THen I cancelled the install.

The on Home Troller I navigate to \\<sharesharever>\<extractfolder name>\wcu\dotnetframework and ran the setup executable that is there. Finally, I saved the fikled with HSProtect and rebooted.

If anyone else has the same problem on HomeTRoller, maybe this will help --- computer just rebooted so I'm about to try installing mcsSprinklers now.

Pete

Comment

Clever, I like it. I hate it when technology tries to win.
          Paul

Comment

Originally posted by pete@malibubeach.com View Post
            Took a lot of finagling --- the extraction process did not work, saying it was out of disk, even though >1.5GB remained. I wonder if there is a full path name limit on XP embedded that doesn't exist elsewhere?

I solved it by starting the installation (from the full 200+MB distribution) on a different PC. It tells you the directory (on c:\) where it is extracting. After it extracted, but before I cancelled the install I copied the entire extracted directory sturcture to a shareed drive accessible to Home Troller. THen I cancelled the install.

The on Home Troller I navigate to \\<sharesharever>\<extractfolder name>\wcu\dotnetframework and ran the setup executable that is there. Finally, I saved the fikled with HSProtect and rebooted.

If anyone else has the same problem on HomeTRoller, maybe this will help --- computer just rebooted so I'm about to try installing mcsSprinklers now.

Pete

much appreciated...

Comment

Originally posted by pete@malibubeach.com View Post
              Took a lot of finagling --- the extraction process did not work, saying it was out of disk, even though >1.5GB remained.
              If you didn't turn of HSProtect you are limited to memory and not disk space. If you are installing large installers you need to turn off HSProtect.
              💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Working...
              X