Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No ET!

Michael,

can you give me a clue as to why my ET is not working. I am using the latest beta 2.12.0.6. I have a Davis Vantage PRO 2 that is updating HomeSeer device code "w63" every minute and I see the changes as they occur. mcsSprinklers always shows "0". Under weather setup ET is is set to Homeseer and device "w63".

Regards, Gene

mcsSprinklers users the DeviceString to get the ET value and looks for the first numeric in this string. Does the Davis software populate DeviceString? The next step is to look at the General Debug that contains at least one hour of data where ET is not zero.

Comment

Yes it uses devicestring. Attached is a list of the Davis output. I started the general debug and will post it when complete. The ET has worked in the past I believe it stopped working 3/14/2012. I don't believe i made any changes to cause it.
      Attached Files

Comment

Michael,

I need some more information about what mcsSprinklers is expecting when I select to use the Devicestring in Homeseer (w63). My Davis PRO 2 updates Homeseer with Daily ET (ex. 0.02 in) is this the format you want? Or I can make it DailyET * 100 and produce an integer value converted to a string.
        Last edited by rhodesep; May 7, 2012, 11:35 AM.

Comment

The daily ET 0.02 should be fine. I noticed you do not have a mcsSprinklers link button on your HS page. Do you have the plugin enabled?

Comment

Michael,

I just have not put a button for mcsSprinklers. It is enabled. I setup the Devicestring to what Davis gives me using their tag <!--dailyET-->. This give an output like 0.02 instead of an interger. Maybe I just don't know what I am doing but, the soil content just stays at 100% and only place I see any change is in the historical data. The Daily ET is always at zero.

Comment

The easiest way to diagnose if with the debug output that covers some daylight hours and the setup file mcsSprinklers.ini

Comment

debug taken earlier this morning.

Added snip of WeatherLink devices.
                Attached Files
                Last edited by rhodesep; May 8, 2012, 01:24 PM.

Comment

Give 2.12.0.7B a try. Update from the Other Page or manually from the link at the sticky at the top of this subforum. Please also confirm that w63 contains the ET value for the current hour rather than the cumulative value for the day. A cumulative value is less immune to timing differences when the hour actually starts and the prior hour value is reset to zero. Your Weather Page setup currently is setup to produce hourly values rather than cumulative values.

Comment

I am using a Davis Vantage PRO 2 with the solar sensors. My weather info (w63) is a string value exactly like what is shown on my console 0.001 and is updated dynamically every minute by Method 2 in the following thread.

http://forums.homeseer.com/showpost....77&postcount=2

It is my understanding that the Vantage PRO 2 computes the ET Index at the console and w63 is that same output as a string. How should I setup the Weather information? I used hourly because it is default.

Comment

The ET sensor should represent the moisture loss over some interval of time. My memory from processing the csv file from weatherlink is that it spits out a small number when its internal threshold is reached (e.g. 0.0001). That means it would send something like 0.0, 0.0002, 0.0001, 0.0, etc in consecutive minute updates. This is what mcsSprinklers refers to as "Incremental". If it was sending 0.0, 0.0002, 0.0003, 0.0003 until the next hour then it would be "Hourly". If it was accumulating througout the day then it would be "Daily".

With incremental updates that occur every minute and mcsSprinklers polling every minute the potential exits if your computer becomes busy then an incremental update could be lost. I know I have logic to process the incremental data from the csv file. I will need to check to see if it will handle incremental data correctly from a virtual device. Your current setup as hourly will very likely always show 0 and near zero because mcsSprinklers is assuming you are providing a number that accumulates over the past hour.

Comment

Michael,

Loaded new beta and things are looking different. I changed my source in mcsSprinkler to "Daily Total". The Davis WeatherLink is accumulating a daily total, monthly total and yearly total. The information in the devicestrings is the results of what is being displayed on my console (snapshot). w63 is daily ET Total. The one minute interval I mentioned before is just the frequency of the devicestring updates and can be changed to any interval. Thanks for the help.

Regards, Gene

p.s. I added the button.

Comment

Working...
                        X