Controlling Elk Relays

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Controlling Elk Relays

I am finally biting the bullet and trying mcsSprinklers, I have only thought about it for the last 3 years... :-)

My problem is I have HS Device codes [1 - [6 defined as my sprinkler zones. Under manual control these devices turn on and off the control valves associated with each of my zones. Under control of mcsSprinkler they do not turn on. Looking at the HS Event Log:

5/26/2012 6:29:00 AM Device Control Command sent to Sprinkler Front Parkway: [3 OFF Dimval: 0 Data: 0
    5/26/2012 6:29:00 AM UltraM1G Warning Received unsupported SetIO action for Elk M1 Output of type 3
    5/26/2012 6:29:00 AM UltraM1G Warning Received unsupported SetIO action for Elk M1 Output of type 3
    5/26/2012 6:29:00 AM Device Control Command sent to Sprinkler Back Sprays: [4 ON Dimval: 0 Data: 0
    5/26/2012 6:29:00 AM UltraM1G Warning Received unsupported SetIO action for Elk M1 Output of type 2
    5/26/2012 6:29:00 AM UltraM1G Warning Received unsupported SetIO action for Elk M1 Output of type 2

It appears mcsSprinkles is causing a X-10 lighting command to be sent?
    When I toggle the device manually, here is the Log entry:

5/26/2012 6:35:43 AM Device Control Device: Sprinkler Front Parkway ([3) Value set to 0
    5/26/2012 6:35:43 AM UltraM1G Info ControlOutput() is setting output 019 from On to Off.
    5/26/2012 6:35:46 AM Device Control Device: Sprinkler Back Sprays ([4) Value set to 1
    5/26/2012 6:35:46 AM UltraM1G Info ControlOutput() is setting output 020 from Off to On.

Suggestions?

-Mike

The capabilty exists but I see that it is not visible on the setup. You have two choices. One is to edit mcsSprinklers.ini to add the following under the existing Homeseer Devices section

[HOMESEER DEVICES]
    :
    :
    USEDEVICEVALUE=1

I made it visible in V2.12.0.10 on the Other Page in the Homeseer Setup Option section. The other option is to update to this beta. You can do it from the Other Page, Config Mgmt section. Use refresh button in this section to get this version visible, then use Update button. When I did this my HS did not automatically restart, but manually starting it after the update worked fine.

Comment

Michael,

Thank You! Your quick response is one (of many) reasons I have no problem paying for your software.

I made the change to the ini file, man thats some ini file... I just installed Beta .9 this morning so I don't 'feel' like installing .10 now but I will roll the change in at some later date. For now the ini parameter is fine.

I will let you know how it goes.

-Mike

Comment

Working...
      X