Controlling zones outside of mcssprinklers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Controlling zones outside of mcssprinklers

I am considering setting up a stand alone installation of mcssprinklers with a xAP connection to HS so that I can also control sprinklers valves from HomeSeer.

I have an extensive motion sensor system set up outside in several areas to detect deer and trigger sprinkler zones to scare the deer away. When zones are turned on and off by HomeSeer willl mcssprinklers ignore this activity or will the change of state of the zone cause mcssprinklers to change it back?

This type of integrated automation is handled like a remote control setup. You would have HS (or use the motion sensor input directly if available) send remote ON followed shortly by OFF. The moisture levels and any other scheduling can be setup to not be affected by this type of remote control

Comment

Excellent. Thanks!

If a zone is manually turned on by "remote control" or from a mcssprinklers web page, is there a provision for a safety time time out so that after the specified period the zone will automatically be turned off? Can this safety time out period be different for each zone?

Comment

Yes, the manual run timeouts are specified on a zone by zone basis. There are also timeout/durations for auto program as well as the syringing cycle

Comment

Great! I think all my issues have been satisfied. Now it's a matter of getting the hardware specified and set up.

Comment

Working...
          X