Valve zone failure...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Valve zone failure...

What is the best way to troubleshoot this issue - using iTach with my Rain8, all last year, not one issue - worked flawless. Upgraded to latest Sprinklers plugin earlier this year, and I am every so often getting zone valve failures on all zones, probably every other day. When it fails, they all fail - it isn't just one zone. I restart HS, and it works perfect. Next morning the auto programs works fine. Then I forget and a few days later, they all stop and I repeat by restarting HS, manually running, etc.

Is there a log or something I should turn on and submit to determine how this is happening? This is getting really frustrating, this whole year I have been spending a lot of time monitoring this plugin. Thanks.

Langnet had the same issue and then yet another person experienced the same reversion from V2.11 to V2.12. I quickly look for this discussion, but did not see it in recent threads. What I did do was revert the Rain8Net management software back to V2.11 and removed the logic to reestablish a lost WiFi connection. The most current beta should have this version of the Rain8Net management. I will need to find the record of this communication and update the change log. It is likely the version prior to the beta that is posted since I do not show the prior two versions in the log.

Comment

I am running 2.12.0.20 - is there a better version to run that addresses this issue? Thanks

Comment

2.12.0.23 is the latest beta. You can see this from the version device on the mcsSprinklers General Status, from the configuration section of the Other Page and at the top post in the mcsSprinklers forum on this board.

Comment

Just wanted to let you know that since updating to .23 on 9/1 I haven't had one communication issue with my iTach - no server restarts required, no valve failures. Thanks!

Comment

Working...
          X