Low ET numbers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Low ET numbers

I've been noticing that my daily ET's seem low.
    They are constantly showing 0.01.

I checked under my weather settings and have the following selections as usual.

I also set a solar intensity level of 1.5.
    All wunderground info is working online.
    When I run an evaluation test on the WU stations, I see all zero's for the UV even though on the WU website, those stations show proper values.

I hadn't changed any settings recently so I'm not sure where this is coming from. It was working fine before so something must have changed...just can't figure it out so far.

Tks
    HS4Pro Win10 | Fire Tablet touchscreen client, Android Phones and Tablets | Jon00 | Smartthings | Philips Hue | Trane | Caseta | Nanoleaf | Ring | August | Evolve | Aladdin | Amazon Alexa/IFTT

Since all your data comes from the web I should be able to reproduce here to understand what you are seeing if you provide your mcsSprinklers.ini. The URLs used for weather access are deposited in the \Data\mcsSprinklers folder and I think forecast is URL1.txt. You can put this in your browser to look at what WU is really returning. Usually low ET is caused by the light sensor source not being as expected.

Comment

Just got back in town and checked that url.
      It seemed to not like my key. I ended up updating my key and entering the new info. I see alot more info generated, especially forecast info, then before when I run a check from the weather setup page so hopefully that solved the issue for me.

I'll let that run a few and see what kind of data it accumulates then report back. Thanks
      HS4Pro Win10 | Fire Tablet touchscreen client, Android Phones and Tablets | Jon00 | Smartthings | Philips Hue | Trane | Caseta | Nanoleaf | Ring | August | Evolve | Aladdin | Amazon Alexa/IFTT

Comment

Checking back with uv and et numbers remaining very low or 0's. I'm not sure what I'm mising here since all weather data seems to be uploading correctly.

When I checked for the INI file you requested, I found there were actually 9 of them. I've attached the most recent. Thanks
        Attached Files

Comment

It turns out the the issue is caused by WU reporting UV with fractional components. All other sites report UV as integer. This is obvioulsy a UV derivation since the measurement will not have that degree of precision. I updated mcsSprinklers to accept the fractional values in 2.13.0.3. I dont think I released 2.13 to the Updater so you will need to grab the zip file and unzip the .dll into the HS folder when HS is not running to make this upgrade.

Comment

Re: Low ET numbers

Okay ill give that a shot. Thanks

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

Comment

All better...thanks.
              Still hoping to pick up a Davis soon and really lock in these numbers.

Comment

This is where you should consider a Davis Vanage Pro 2 over a Davis Vantage Vue.

I have a Davis Vantage Vue which really doesn't have any optional components so I am a bit stuck at getting my UV numbers from the internet. That said though I have one light sensor outside that I am always playing with. There are numerous documented methodologies relating to DIY's for solar sensors these days.

Note that a UV sensor for the Davis Vantage Pro 2 is around $350.

That said Davis QA and warranty work is excellent.

Actually there is another solar sensor out there originally designed as a DIY that I would consider better than the Davis Vantage Pro 2 sensor. The two gentlemen that designed it as a DIY went into business and are selling the device now "officially".

A little bit of history

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Campbel...tokes_recorder

http://www.sunrecorder.net/

http://www.weather-above.com/images/1suncacher.pdf
                Last edited by Pete; February 12, 2013, 12:53 AM.
                - Pete

Auto mator
                Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
                Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
                HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
                HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Working...
                X