Newbe to MCS - Need setup help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbe to MCS - Need setup help

I am going to have irrigation installed on our property this week. I purchased a Rain8 Pro. I have HS2 pro. The HS Rain8 plugin controls the unit without issue. I want to use MCS pro as the control. I have it installed but can't seem to get it configured. I am attempting to use MCS to test the control. I expect I would see the zone lights go on and off on the controller like I do when using the HS plugin. The help doc seems to apply to more scerios than HS. I have used the interview set up tool. I have it set to Rain8 net. I must be missing something obvious. -On the Rain 8 setup screen I can read the eprom and it populates the minutes for each valve. It also finds the rain8 module but it never stops searching. Should I have to abort the search? I cant get to a point where I can send on off commands to a zone a see the light on the controller toggle. - thanks

Normally you do not need to search for modules because you have just programmed them and know what module numbers they are. If you do poll then you need to abort when you have detected what you know to be present.

The basic process to be able to test a value is
    1. Rain8/Devices page to identify the Rain8 module number and the serial port
    2. Wiring page to identify with of the valves in the module(s) you are going to use
    3. Layout page to assign a valve to a control area and give it some run times for automatic and for the testing especially for the manual time.
    4. From the General Status page use the ON button for the zone/valve.

Comment

Back on track

I had to restore HS from a back up. I had used the interview setup multiple times and I wound up with many many multiple devices in HS. After reinstalling MCS I used the expert setup option to directly enter data on the screens you recommended. I now have control. I need to do some more reading so that I may take advantage of the many features. Thanks

Comment

I have had MCSpro controlling our new irrigation sys for a week now. I had it running virtually the prior week. I am extremely pleased with this program. I am able to tailor each zone's water needs based on time, weather factors and an efficeincy factor. I would recommend this to anyone who is concerned about water consumption and your turf's needs.

My trial period will be ending soon. I need to purchase the licence for MCSPRO/HS2. I have already purchased the HS3 upgrade but do not have plans to install it until the Beta is over. Will there be any consideration for the timing of my purchase when I migrate MCSPRO to HS3 ?

Comment

I am glad it is working well for you. I do not think HST has identified how/if HS2 to HS3 plugin license will be handled. There was discussion in the HS3 developers forum, but I do not think any decision was made. Since the developers do not control the licensing it is somewhat out of our control.

The general licensing model allows one instance of the software to be run per license. I imagine this will continue with HS3, but it is just a guess.

I have provided flexibilty to exchange HST mcsSprinklers license for the standalone license and visa-versa. The standalone version does not have a dependency with HS version and integrates with HS via xAP protocol on the LAN. xAP plugins exist for both HS2 and HS3.

Comment

Working...
          X