Time restriction when using moisture content trigger

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Time restriction when using moisture content trigger

I have the control strategy set to use calculated soil moisture content, and selected "start immediately when threshold reached". On "Site Setup" page, I also set up a time restriction to allow watering only between 4am-8am. If moisture content trigger is reached outside that time window, will the program wait till next 4am to start watering?

Yes. At least that's how it works for me. If the threshold is exceeded while the 'between hours' or any other inhibit is active, then watering starts as soon as all inhibits are off.
    Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
    HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548, NUC i3

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

The inhibits have priority as Uncle Michael iindicated.
      "start immediately when threshold reached" comes into play if you have an explicit start time indicated. Say, for example, 8:00 AM. If moisture reaches your threshold at 9:00 AM then mcsSprinkles will either start immediately becasue it is after the 8:00 AM time or it will wait until 8:00 AM the next day. The setting will determine the action taken.

Comment

Thank you Uncle Michael and Mike. I initially had "start when time reached after threshold reached" selected and had the "start time" set at 4:00. At the same time I had time restriction (to NOT allow watering) set as 0:00-04:00, and 08:00-24:00. It seems under this setting when I have runs scheduled at 4am, instead of starting at 4am, it keeps getting postponed every minute (at 4:00 it's rescheduled to 4:01, then at 4:01 it's rescheduled to 4:02 etc). Changing it to "start immediately when threshold reached" fixed this.

Comment

Working...
        X