Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Of Backups and Re-installs...

Hi Michael,
    I just setup a new HS-PRO computer, the motherboard failed on my old one, and installed HS-PRO on the new one. The files on my old HD are still accessible. Is there a way to import any and all settings from my previous MSC Sprinklers to the new one without going through the entire setup again? I can see the old .mdb file and several other files on the old HD but when I try to "import" them through the MSC sprinkler program that does not work.
    Any help would be appreciated!!
    Thanks.
    Steve
    Last edited by Steve Cougar; July 17, 2013, 06:52 PM. Reason: To make my problem clearer.

I missed this earlier so dont know if my response is timely.
    For mcsSprinklers there are three files of interest. One is \Config\mcsSprinklers.ini. One is \Config\mcsSprinklers_Interview.ini. The last is \Data\mcsSprinklers\mcsSprinklers.mdb.

In the HS environment where you are going to have an issue is with the House codes. HS owns those so if you setup your new system in a diferent plugin order than the old one the House codes will not be properly alligned with the plguin. I have manageInterace utilitly at the top of the ADIOcelot thread to edit properties such as house codes. Another approach that may work is to move your files over to new HS and let mcsSprinklers do a startup. It will define a set of devices based upon what HS House code is provided. Shutdown mcsSprinklers without making any changes to its set. Edit \Config\mcsSprinklers.ini and change the old house code to the new one now visible from HS status page. This will usually only involve the [RAIN8UNITS] section of the file. The pump and fert valves could also need editinig in the [AREA] section if you use those.

Comment

Working...
    X