Zone 2 Won't

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Zone 2 Won't

Can someone help with a quick question. I have 4 zones in my area 1. My zone two has stopped working (Physically). the value and the pump will start for a couple of seconds maybe 10 seconds. Then shuts back off. I have checked the voltage and both zone 2 and the pump switch voltage are gone. This happens if I run it manually or it runs automatically. The status pages show the twirling sprinklers and it goes for 30 minutes without any water. When zone two finishes it moves to zone 3 and all works ok. I thought I remember someone having the same problem but, I can't find it. do this sound familiar to anyone.

How about checking the run log and serial io page to see what is being commanded to the valve. Perhaps you have something else that is turning it off.

Comment

I am using a Etherrain 7P. I can uses there config program and everything works. I checked the serial IO log it has no entries.

Comment

Is your second zone duration set on the Zone Setup or Layout Pages to the expected value? Is Zone 2 disabled on the Zone Status Page?

Comment

Nothing is disabled that I can see.

Comment

The communication with the EtherRain is available in the DebugLog. The behavior does seem like a zone 2 duration that is short.

Comment

I see the communication with the EtherRain. In the serial log and debug. I have a spare EtherRain and have swapped it out. Both work the same. All of my zones are set for 30 Minutes. You got any suggestions?

I attached a short Debug. I manually started zone two from General page. Then manually stopped zone two.
              Attached Files
              Last edited by rhodesep; September 15, 2013, 04:28 PM. Reason: upload Short Debug

Comment

What was sent to the EtherRain for the ON is the following which is 30 minutes for the second zone.

SendEtherCommand{0) http://192.168.1.33:80/result.cgi?xi=0:0:30:0:0:0:0:0:0

Jim may have a better idea of what can cause the Etherrain to run for about 5 seconds with this command. I did notice that the OFF from General Status page was 12 seconds after the ON from the General Status.

Comment

The timing from the General Page was me manually turning zone 2 on the 12 seconds later I turn off zone 2. Do you think everything is working correctly with McsSprinkler and the trouble is with the EtherRain?

Comment

All I can tell from the data that has been provided is that mcsSprinklers delivered a command to run zone 2 for 30 minutes. I am not familiar enough with the EtherRain to know what situations would cause a zone to stop after a few seconds. It has been years since I did the low level interface with that hardware and I do know recall if I ran into this situation or not. It does not ring a bell.

Jim is very helpful and he is in a much better position to provide suggestions. For the case that you showed mcsSprinklers did what was designed.

Comment

My Bad!

Well it looks like this was my trouble, all though it had to happen over a year ago or whenever I changed to the EtherRain. My trouble was with zone 2 the EtherRain configuration software was detecting a "short" when I ran it on zone 2. It turns out that the valve wire for zone 1 was not under the metal the screw was tight, but the wire (heavy gauge solid) was just stuck in the hole. It was making contact as I had not noticed any trouble with zone 1. Anyway this was the only thing I found. When I got the zone 1 wire under the medal and retighten all has work fine since.

Comment

Working...
                      X