• Show
Clear All

problems changing database to SQL Server

Click image for larger version

Name:	DatabaseOptions.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	43.3 KB
ID:	1206750

Then I restarted the mcsSprinklers service.

When it came up, there were numerous errors throughout the debug logs, and the status pages were not displaying correctly. Examples are attached.

mcsSprinklers had not created the database on the SQL Server, so I tried creating the empty database first, but when I restarted mcsSprinklers again I got the same results.

The errors in the debug logs are all of the form:
    29/06/2014 5:36:40 PM | mcsSprinklers | ExecuteCommand < SQL statement> Line 0 Keyword not supported: 'userid'.

Any suggestions?

The debug logs, ini files and screenshots are all in the attached zip file.
    mcsSprinklersMigration.zip

P.S. This new installation is running in trial mode, as I have not yet requested a new license key to move my production licence across to the new server. New server is in testing until I am certain I have everything configured right and everything works on Windows Server 2012 R2 x64.
    I presume trial mode does not have any restrictions that would cause these issues?

It appears the "userid" should be "user id" so no login was happening.
    I believe with Express 2005 the instance name was required to be EXPRESS, but it was a few years since I last worked with it. It may be different for newer Express versions.

The links below, depending upon HS3 or not are below which changed the user id parameter in the SQL connection string. See it does work for you. Another option (that I use in my environment) is to use integrated security rather than username/password.

http://mcsSprinklers.com/mcsSprinklers_21408.zip
    http://mcsSprinklers.com/mcsSprinklers_21408_HS3.zip

Comment

Many thanks Michael, that did the trick. The database has been created and initialised successfully in SQL Server.

Comment

Working...
      X