HS3 Version Doesn't work like HS2 Version

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HS3 Version Doesn't work like HS2 Version

I just migrated from the HS2 to a trial of the hs3 version. While I have some control over my rain8net it is not the way it was with the hs2 version.

It seems that trying to turn valves on with the HS devices just does not work, and neither does starting a manual cycle from the zone status page.

The general status page seems to work though. Is this what the hs3 version is like, or do I have something configured incorrectly?
    Last edited by jlrichar; July 15, 2014, 10:32 AM. Reason: Fixed issue

HS3 : HSpro (3.0.0.460) on Win2012 (vm on ESXi)
    Plugins: HSTouch, UPBSpud, Kinect, Nest, IFTTT, DirecTV, EasyTrigger, Imperihome, Zwave, RFXcom, UltraMon3, UltraWeatherBug3, UltraGCIR3, UltraLog3, UltraPioneer, PHLocation, Pushover, Pushalot, MCSSPrinklers S, JowiHue
    Jon00 Plugins: Bluetooth Proximity, Performance Monitor, DB Chart, Links

The intention is that is work as close as possible with the HS2 version. There is essentially a core standalone software with a wrapper for the HS2 API and another for the HS3 API. With the loss of DeviceStatus in HS3 there is more that happens behind the scenes but the intent is to give the same capability.

With HS3 the method of control in the API is much different so when you indicate you are trying to control from HS3 devices, then you need to be more specific as to exactly how you are doing it. A browser interface, a touch interface, and an event interface all present different control input types to the plugin. With HS2 it was just a single interface.

I am not aware of a difference between Zone Status and General Status. Can you be specific of what is not working as you expecting with Zone Status control?

Comment

Hi Michael,

If I load the Zone Status page, and check the box next to "enable manual" and fill in a duration then save. It should run the manual cycle for that zone. This works in the hs2 plugin, but not the hs3. I have just migrated to the hs3 plugin last night, so I am trying to determine if what I see is normal or not. I know you didn't implement real time status that most hs3 devices have-but the other issues I see seem to suggest something is not working correctly. For example if I find the hs device the plugin creates for each zone or valve and click the "on" button- nothing happens. The only "on" button that works is the one for the valves on the general status page.
      Last edited by jlrichar; July 14, 2014, 09:19 PM. Reason: corrected "enable manual"

Plugins: HSTouch, UPBSpud, Kinect, Nest, IFTTT, DirecTV, EasyTrigger, Imperihome, Zwave, RFXcom, UltraMon3, UltraWeatherBug3, UltraGCIR3, UltraLog3, UltraPioneer, PHLocation, Pushover, Pushalot, MCSSPrinklers S, JowiHue

Comment

The easiest way for me to investigate is with your \Config\mcsSprinkers.ini file. For example, the X10 Rain8 is handled differently than the Serial Rain8.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael McSharry View Post
          The easiest way for me to investigate is with your \Config\mcsSprinkers.ini file. For example, the X10 Rain8 is handled differently than the Serial Rain8.
          It is a rain8net connected via a serial connection. I simply moved the connection from my HS2 machine to my HS3 machine. Should I e-mail it to you?

Comment

mail or post attachment. mcsSolutions at CenturyTel dot net.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael McSharry View Post
              mail or post attachment. mcsSolutions at CenturyTel dot net.
              OK. Email sent.

Let me know if you need anything else.

Comment

I used your .ini file. Went to Other Setup and enabled Expert mode since I did not have your interview setup. Went to Devices page and change the port to 16 which is my hardware port. Went to HS Device Management page and observed R17 through R24 available. Went back to Other Setup and enabled write to debug. Went to Zone Status and checked R17 manual enable and clicked Run Selected Manual. Hardware turned on for Rain9 valve 1. Went to General Status and clicked off for R17 and hardware turned off. Went to HS Device Management and clicked On and saw the ON status changed with spinning icon and observed hardware changed. Used OFF from same page and valve turned off. This is all as expected. I'm attaching my debug output. If you repeat the same you can see if any difference. The control of the hardware can be found following CommonExecX10 in the debug. The action serial communication is something like NET(0) OUT | 40, 01, 31 to turn valve 1 on.

The debug is at \html\mcsSprinklers\data
                Attached Files

Comment

OK. Same thing happened to me as before--none of the controls worked. Then I looked at my Homseer directory. I noticed that I had a new HSPro/Data/mcssprinkers directory with the mdb file in it. This is not where I copied my HS2 mcssprinklers.mdb file to. I copied that to the homeseer HS3/Data/mcssprinklers directory.

At any rate after moving the hs2 mdb to where the hs3 mcssprinklers is looking for the mdb file it is fixed and the controls work.

Where is the path specified for the mdb? Perhaps I could change it to put the mdb in the expected path for HS3 plugins?

Thanks for your help. So glad the plugin is as great on hs3 as it is on hs2.

Comment

The database location is on option on the Other Page in the PRO version. For the standard version I thought that only SQLite was provided in STD version to be Linux compatible, but this limitation may only be enforced in the Linux build. You can edit the path in mcsSprinklers.ini when plugin is not running.

Comment

Thanks. I guess the path needs to be changed as part of moving stuff from HS2 to HS3. Now that it is set correctly the plugin seems to work well--still one of the best!

Comment

Working...
                      X