Alter areas with different zone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alter areas with different zone

Is it possible to change out a zone from an area and replace it wil another zone without having to redo the interviews?
    I'd like to take out a zone from say area 2, then add it to area 3. Then from area 3, take a zone and add it to area 2.... I continuely want to optimize my watering...

On a second note, I'm confused about the percentage with respect to Soil %.

Mine swings from -100% to 100% with very little reporting in the 50% area.
    Does -100% mean bone dry? I was hoping I could maintain somewhere between 30-70% with daily watering...

Rob
    HS3PRO 3.0.0.500 as a Fire Daemon service, Windows 2016 Server Std Intel Core i5 PC HTPC Slim SFF 4GB, 120GB SSD drive, WLG800, RFXCom, TI103,NetCam, UltraNetcam3, BLBackup, CurrentCost 3P Rain8Net, MCsSprinker, HSTouch, Ademco Security plugin/AD2USB, JowiHue, various Oregon Scientific temp/humidity sensors, Z-Net, Zsmoke, Aeron Labs micro switches, Amazon Echo Dots, WS+, WD+ ... on and on.

Interview is intended to be a startup assist. You can go to the Layout Page and move zones around as desired.

On a sunny summer day your moisture calculation should go from 100% saturated to perhaps 70% where 0% is dry. After an irrigation cycle the assumed moisture level is 100%. Moisture content will be decreased based upon ET calculation and increased based upon reported rainfall.

If you are looking for a swing of 40% between irrigation interval then your control based upon scheduling with ET is setup to set a lower limit at 60%. This will then show 60% to 100% in the status for moisture content. With daily watering your swing will not be 40%, but more like 25% to 30% depending upon your location.

Comment

Thanks Michael

I see changing the zones is a snap now that I'm looking at the right place.

With respect to my second part, I've included a portion of my status page below. When I water, it's 100% as you can see with my front lawn. However, all other zones are -100% despite being watered earlier in the day. Does this seem reasonable?
      Attached Files
      HS3PRO 3.0.0.500 as a Fire Daemon service, Windows 2016 Server Std Intel Core i5 PC HTPC Slim SFF 4GB, 120GB SSD drive, WLG800, RFXCom, TI103,NetCam, UltraNetcam3, BLBackup, CurrentCost 3P Rain8Net, MCsSprinker, HSTouch, Ademco Security plugin/AD2USB, JowiHue, various Oregon Scientific temp/humidity sensors, Z-Net, Zsmoke, Aeron Labs micro switches, Amazon Echo Dots, WS+, WD+ ... on and on.

Comment

Your core problem seems to be associated with the calculation of ET since a value of 9 for the day should be no more than about 0.35. You are loosing moisture at a factor of 30x what is normal. If you post your mcsSprinklers.ini I can look at your setup in this area.

Comment

Yes, I was wondering about that too. I get this from WU indirectly via UV...

Thanks for having a look.

Rob
          Attached Files

Comment

Michael,

I was wondering if you had any suggestions given that ET is calculated from my UV from WU Fcst?

Comment

Thanks for reminding me. I started it running to collect the general debug then forgot to look. Just got back from trip.

Comment

Metric ET calculation error corrected in 2.14.0.12.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael McSharry View Post
                  Metric ET calculation error corrected in 2.14.0.12.
                  Thanks Michael. I thought it once worked...

What is the easiest way to update again?

Comment

The Other Page has a facility to update beta versions. Alternately, unzip the download from the link on the change log post into the HS folder when HS is not running.

Comment

The Other page wouldn't update. So I downloaded and placed the dll in the HS directory. However, when it start I see:

03/08/2014 9:50:48 PM mcsSprinklers Version 2.14.0.11 | V2.14.0.11/2.14.0.12 (Professional) Copyright 2004-2014 mcsSolutions Registered with Homeseer
                      03/08/2014 9:50:48 PM Plug-In Initializing Plug-in: mcsSprinklersP
                      03/08/2014 9:50:48 PM mcsSprinklers GetHouseCode: Line 270 Index and length must refer to a location within the string.Parameter name: length
                      03/08/2014 9:50:50 PM mcsSprinklers GetHouseCode: Line 270 Index and length must refer to a location within the string.Parameter name: length

I also got numerous devices created.... Any idea of how to manage this?

Looks like an issue to me???

Rob
                      Attached Files
                      Last edited by langenet; August 3, 2014, 08:55 PM.

Comment

I thought I updated the post about 2.13 vs. 2.14. I saw in your other post that you are running 2.13. The version in which updates are being made it 2.14. You first need to get 2.14 from the updater.

Comment

Micheal,

I updated via the updater, then updated to the latest via the other page and again since the latest update, I've got all those duplicate device codes as noted previously as well as the same error noted in the log. The devices are )94 for example as well as #94.

Note, I didn't get the duplicates after the updater update. Additionally, going into the mcs status page only shows the Master control and no other status. The picture entry page shows just save....???

Can you check your code please?

Thanks,

Rob
                          Last edited by langenet; August 4, 2014, 08:38 AM.

Comment

The house code error message and the creation of duplicate devices was caused from merging HS2 and HS3 plugin code. It occurs when another plugin with a name shorter than mcsSprinklers is discovered. Delete your duplicates from HS Devices page after updating to 2.14.0.13.

I have no issue with Pictures Page in 2.14.0.12. Recognize that the HS web server does not have the ability to upload binary through browser. The mcsSprinklers manual describes how it can be done manually or with the mcsSprinklers built-in web server.
                            Attached Files

Comment

I now am getting a .net runtime 2.0 error... not sure why since I had upgraded to 4.0 like almost 3 years ago.

EventType clr20r3, P1 homeseer.exe, P2 2.5.0.81, P3 520111c1, P4
                              system.windows.forms, P5 2.0.0.0, P6 4d8c1dde, P7 48b9, P8 96, P9 system.
                              invalidoperationexception, P10 NIL.

I know about the webserver for pictures. This is an upgrade to a system I put in place in 2011...

Also now it says I'm running Basic... instead of PRO.
                              04/08/2014 1:18:16 PM mcsSprinklers Version 2.14.0.12 | V2.14.0.12/2.14.0.13 (Basic) Copyright 2004-2014 mcsSolutions Registered with Homeseer
                              04/08/2014 1:18:16 PM Plug-In Initializing Plug-in: mcsSprinklersP
                              04/08/2014 1:18:28 PM Plug-In Finished initializing plug-in mcsSprinklersP

Below is all I get in the mcs status page.
                              Attached Files
                              Last edited by langenet; August 4, 2014, 12:14 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X