Soil moisture % always synced in area

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Soil moisture % always synced in area

My calculated soil moisture % for all the zones in an area are always synced when I expect them to be different. For example, soil % starts at 50% for all zones, then I manually run one zone for 10 min, increasing its soil % to 70% while other zones stay at 50%. A couple of hours later (no watering during this time) all the zones will have same soil % again.

In site setup , I selected "update soil % for auto and mural" and "do not synchronize" under soil moisture calculation setting. In area setup I selected watering over 2 round robin cycles.

I'm running v2.13.0.3 pro on HSPro2.

I can see in the logic that each hour for the case of round robin scheduling when no irrigation is running the sync function is always performed. The change record show this was intentionally added in 2008. It likely was to address some behavior a user observed about what may have happened if a round robin did not complete. While I agree with you that you are not getting your desired operation, I do not want to open the can of worms that is associated with round robin.

Comment

If I set soil factor for one zone to be different from other zones, will this disable the sync for this zone when running round robin?

Comment

Round robin zones are all synchronized hourly. What is it that you actually need to do? Perhaps adding another Area with the zone that you want to have different moisture rates or levels will achieve your objective.

Comment

Thanks Micheal. I put that zone in a separate area and that works perfectly.

Comment

Without making any changes I've noticed that all zones are also at the same moisture percentage as well. This was not the case when I was using 2.13.0.29 with 3 separate areas. Has this calcuation changed?
            HS3PRO 3.0.0.500 as a Fire Daemon service, Windows 2016 Server Std Intel Core i5 PC HTPC Slim SFF 4GB, 120GB SSD drive, WLG800, RFXCom, TI103,NetCam, UltraNetcam3, BLBackup, CurrentCost 3P Rain8Net, MCsSprinker, HSTouch, Ademco Security plugin/AD2USB, JowiHue, various Oregon Scientific temp/humidity sensors, Z-Net, Zsmoke, Aeron Labs micro switches, Amazon Echo Dots, WS+, WD+ ... on and on.

Comment

No change in the algorithm. Synchronization can be enabled or disabled. Round Robin forces synchronization within an Area. I can look at your settings in .ini if you like.

Comment

Thanks Michael... attached is my ini file.
                Rob
                Attached Files
                HS3PRO 3.0.0.500 as a Fire Daemon service, Windows 2016 Server Std Intel Core i5 PC HTPC Slim SFF 4GB, 120GB SSD drive, WLG800, RFXCom, TI103,NetCam, UltraNetcam3, BLBackup, CurrentCost 3P Rain8Net, MCsSprinker, HSTouch, Ademco Security plugin/AD2USB, JowiHue, various Oregon Scientific temp/humidity sensors, Z-Net, Zsmoke, Aeron Labs micro switches, Amazon Echo Dots, WS+, WD+ ... on and on.

Comment

Working...
                X