HS3 / MCSSprinklers / BeakerRain

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HS3 / MCSSprinklers / BeakerRain

Has anyone got this combo working? When I set it up MCSSprinklers never works correctly and the valves never turn on. I see in the logs the following:

mcsSprinklers W1( Right Back Lawn(2)) ON
    but the valve never turns on. If I look at the status of the valve it says: 7 Minutes. The value is 1 "Watering" but the valve is not on and the beakerrain controller is idle.

I have tried everything with no luck.

Jason

Reidfo had breakerrain working with HS2. The interface at that time was ExecX10. mcsSprinklers went to DeviceValue when HS3 no longer supported ExecX10. I do not know what the BreakerRain interface looks like now, but it should not be too difficult to get the two paired up correctly. Reido would have best information on the status of the integration.

Comment

I don't think device value works either you must use the CAPI interface for beaker rain to see the status change. I tested from a script and get the same behavior as your plugin. When I use CAPI to changes the status it works.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Comment

I created a virtual on/off device and tied MCSSpinklers to it.

MCSSprinkler seems to keep sending a On command every minute or so when I manually enable the valve. This goes on forever. The same thing is true if I set a schedule the virtual device will turn on every minute and the run list will keep resetting to the next minute. It is like it never realizes the virtual device is on.

I also see this periodically in the log:
        ExecuteCommand INSERT INTO tblState(DC,AutoTime,DelayedETState) VALUES ("V2",#2500-01-01 00:00:00#,0) Line 0 The field 'tblState.SampleDate' cannot contain a Null value because the Required property for this field is set to True. Enter a value in this field.

In the attached log you can see that every minute V2 is turned on.

Jason
        Attached Files
        Last edited by jrhubott; September 16, 2014, 04:53 PM.

Comment

I have tried every combination to make this work and failed. For now I went back to HS2 for my watering needs. I was looking forward to moving to HS3 as thus was the last missing plugin I needed. My eval time though is now running up.

If anyone has any thoughts please let me know as I can't even get it to work with a virtual device that I create so I know it is not beaker rain.

Comment

I have had a very busy couple weeks at work and not been able to attend to the board. Can you provide the code example you used to control BreakerRain with the CAPI interface?

I did not look at the debug you provided, but if mcsSprinklers sees the status of a pump to be not correct it will attempt to control the pump to correct it. If the control part (or status part) is working as expected then this will repeat forever.

Comment

Create a standard virtual on/off device and attempt to have MCSprinkler control it as a valve. It will keep trying every minute to turn the valve on or off depending on the state.

Comment

I understand the virtual device issue, but I do not understand how I can control a BreakerRain device. Can you provide the script example that you have used successfully?

Comment

I've been away from the board for a while, so sorry for the delayed response. Yes, BeakerRain uses the CAPI API, which is what HST now wants us to use. I've tried to get mcsSprinklers and BeakerRain to play nicely together, but Michael, I think it's going to take a code change on your end to work.
                  HS Pro 3.0 | Linux Ubuntu 16.04 x64 virtualized under Proxmox (KVM)
                  Hardware: Z-NET - W800 Serial - Digi PortServer TS/8 and TS/16 serial to Ethernet - Insteon PLM - RFXCOM - X10 Wireless
                  Plugins: HSTouch iOS and Android, RFXCOM, BlueIris, BLLock, BLDSC, BLRF, Insteon PLM (MNSandler), Device History, Ecobee, BLRing, Kodi, UltraWeatherWU3
                  Second home: Zee S2 with Z-Wave, CT101 Z-Wave Thermostat, Aeotec Z-Wave microswitches, HSM200 occupancy sensor, Ecolink Z-Wave door sensors, STI Driveway Monitor interfaced to Zee S2 GPIO pins.

Comment

Hopefully we can get this working. This is the only thing I have running on HS2 and I want to complete my transition to HS3. Thinking about making my own simple scheduling plugin or using events if we can't get mcssprinklers to works.

Comment

Can you give me a code example of what I need to do to turn a BreakerRain device ON, OFF and understand its status as being ON or OFF? I have used CAPI to learn the on and off states and these are reflected back on the Devices/Rain8 page for devices that are setup as HS virtual devices. I then use the values associated with on and off state and SetDeviceValue.

Comment

I'll work something up for you, Michael. Thanks for looking into this. It'll probably be sometime this weekend before I can work on sample code.
                        HS Pro 3.0 | Linux Ubuntu 16.04 x64 virtualized under Proxmox (KVM)
                        Hardware: Z-NET - W800 Serial - Digi PortServer TS/8 and TS/16 serial to Ethernet - Insteon PLM - RFXCOM - X10 Wireless
                        Plugins: HSTouch iOS and Android, RFXCOM, BlueIris, BLLock, BLDSC, BLRF, Insteon PLM (MNSandler), Device History, Ecobee, BLRing, Kodi, UltraWeatherWU3
                        Second home: Zee S2 with Z-Wave, CT101 Z-Wave Thermostat, Aeotec Z-Wave microswitches, HSM200 occupancy sensor, Ecolink Z-Wave door sensors, STI Driveway Monitor interfaced to Zee S2 GPIO pins.

Comment

This is what is currently in mcsSprinklers for a (on or off) being the state to which I am trying to set a HS3 device followed by setting the device value to what was defined as the equivalent value in an earlier CAPI enumeration.
                          Code:
                                      Dim iRef As Integer = hs.DeviceExists(sDC)
                                      For Each CAPIcontrol As HomeSeerAPI.CAPIControl In oHS.CAPIGetControl(iRef) '5/15/2014
                                          If CAPIcontrol.Label.ToLower = sState.ToLower Then
                                              oHS.CAPIControlHandler(CAPIcontrol)
                                              Exit For
                                          End If
                                      Next
                                      If iRef > -1 Then
                                          hs.SetDeviceValueByRef(iRef, CType(iValue, Double), True)
                                      End if

Comment

I put .17 in the updater and with it I made changes how device value was managed including not setting it if CAPI search finds the device support it. Don't know if this will help or not for BreakerRain.

Comment

Working...
                            X