Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Touch Zone

Michael,

In HS3 and Touch Zone/Touch Area, the forward and back arrows do nothing both go to a blank page - see attachments below. Additionally, I can't figure out what I should name the picture entries for the Area images. I've attached what my Touch Area is... I've tried multiple names and still no go despite the issue with adding images via the UI. So like touch zone, I'm assuming the name has to be the same as the area...

One more question - is there a way to reset the water usage for each year? I have the usage which I suspect is life time reporting and I'd really like to know what it is for each watering season.

Robert
    Attached Files
    HS3PRO 3.0.0.500 as a Fire Daemon service, Windows 2016 Server Std Intel Core i5 PC HTPC Slim SFF 4GB, 120GB SSD drive, WLG800, RFXCom, TI103,NetCam, UltraNetcam3, BLBackup, CurrentCost 3P Rain8Net, MCsSprinker, HSTouch, Ademco Security plugin/AD2USB, JowiHue, various Oregon Scientific temp/humidity sensors, Z-Net, Zsmoke, Aeron Labs micro switches, Amazon Echo Dots, WS+, WD+ ... on and on.

The left/right icons on touch pages will vector the browser page to whatever is setup on the Other Page for the touch icons. For the HS3 URLs look at the URL after a mcsSprinklers page is showing. For example the zone status page is "sprinkler". The touch area is "toucharea".

Annual reporting is provided from the calendar page. What are you referencing that you want to be an annual count?

Comment

Thanks for the link item. I never noticed this was settable since in HS2 it was just set...
      I'd like to reset the amount of water to zero for the current season. Is this possible? Each new watering season, I'd like to know the usage for the current season.
      How about the images? I can't see in the documentation for the toucharea images...

Robert
      HS3PRO 3.0.0.500 as a Fire Daemon service, Windows 2016 Server Std Intel Core i5 PC HTPC Slim SFF 4GB, 120GB SSD drive, WLG800, RFXCom, TI103,NetCam, UltraNetcam3, BLBackup, CurrentCost 3P Rain8Net, MCsSprinker, HSTouch, Ademco Security plugin/AD2USB, JowiHue, various Oregon Scientific temp/humidity sensors, Z-Net, Zsmoke, Aeron Labs micro switches, Amazon Echo Dots, WS+, WD+ ... on and on.

Comment

Still don't understand where you are observing the water use for the season. The calendar reports the water use for the year. Normally a season falls within the Jan to Dec boundaries.

Area pictures are entered on the same page where the zone pictures are entered.

Comment

Michael,

This is what I was referring to. I'm fairly certain I haven't used 1.1 million litres so far..

I've gone through add the picture through the UI... I know there was the historic problem with the zones and zone names must be the same as the photo for each. While I've added as you can see, I don't get an image. Therefore, I tried to used the method mention above and apply it to the area.
          So far no luck - hence the question....
          Should my area picture for Area 1 Status be "Area 1 Status.jpg"?

Robert
          Attached Files

Comment

With HS3 I built in a multi-part form decoder which does not exist with the HS web server and this allows the pictures to be uploaded as it is done with the standalone. They need to be .jpg files. From Picture Page, row associated with your Area status device, click Browse and navigate to where you have your .jpg picture. Name and size do not matter. After you have all the pictures that you want then use Save from top of page.

If you want to do it manually it still needs to be .jpg with file name same as device name and spaces replaces by underscore. In your case since you have not assigned a name to the area it will be "Area_1_Status.jpg". This file is then put in \html\mcsSprinklers\Pictures and will be read the next restart of mcsSprinklers.

I now understand you water use. No provisions now for a reset, but I will add it. You should also have water meter status for each of your areas. Can you provide the screen shot that has these as well as your calculated water usage device. Handling real water meters and simulated water meters is a little different so I want to see what the simulated one looks like without having to generate the test data myself.

Comment

Interestingly enough, I had set a name to my areas. In this example the area name is "Garden Area". But the names aren't reported. The attached image shows one area as well as the water in litres for all my three areas which don't carry the name to the status screen.
              I still have no luck with the picture despite calling the image the as you stated - even after restarting the plugin.
              As you can see from the earlier post, I did browse to a photo, but it doesn't show either.

Robert
              Attached Files
              Last edited by langenet; May 12, 2016, 09:12 PM.

Comment

What are you using for browser when trying to upload pictures? There is some debug in picture entry so can post it for period when you try so I can take a look.

Have you done a Save of page where Area name is entered or just used the HS2 .ini? If you do a Save of each setup page from left to right on the links then you will assure all initial setup is done.

Your meters are showing for 30 days. I believe the intent is the sum of all area meters is the site value and then it would also be for 30 days. That is how it appears to be initialized in the code, but then there is also the site value being saved to the database. It has been too long since I worked in this area to remember the differences. I cant tell for certain, but it seems like the sum of the three is not the site value in your case.

Comment

Well... how about that! The save did resolve the issues. I think this should always be a first step for us migrating from HS2.
                  The 30 day reporting adds up fine. The usage is with the calculated use - in any case, not such a big deal.

Thanks for all your help Michael!

Comment

Originally posted by Michael McSharry View Post
                    The left/right icons on touch pages will vector the browser page to whatever is setup on the Other Page for the touch icons. For the HS3 URLs look at the URL after a mcsSprinklers page is showing. For example the zone status page is "sprinkler". The touch area is "toucharea".
                    Michael,

I hate to belabor this issue, but when I update the left/right URL in the browser display option in the Other Setup page as follows, both arrows go back to the same page - the Zone status page. Thinking it was me, I brought up HS2 and copied the URLs from my mcsSprinkler Other page and saved/pasted them into HS3. These then just go to blank pages.

/mcsSprinklers/mcsSprinklers.asp?Page=sprinkler

/mcsSprinklers/mcsSprinklers.asp?Page=toucharea

BTW I suppose the "Homeseer Logo hyperlink URL" is deprecated?

What is the purpose of the "Kiosk Right Arrow hyperlink URL"?
                    Attached Files

Comment

remove the "/" from your inputs
                      HS logo does not apply to HS3. Should have excluded it from the display.

If you use the URL /kiosk rather then /touch then the style sheet is changed to account for displays that have only 600x800 pixels. The kiosk setup entry gives you a way to exit from the kiosk page.

Comment

Working...
                      X