Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question on weather setup

Michael,
    I'm trying to figure out which of the weather is used. I have CYOW setup and a primary/secondary as well. The weather from CYOW seems to be more accurate. Should I set CYOW as Primary? I guess I'm confused as one seems to be forecast while the other is weather... ??

The issue I'm trying to resolve is to capture is the wind measurement. Wind reported in mcs is 4 kph which is low - CYOW report seems to be quite a bit different and more closer to what Environment Canada is reporting.

Robert
    Attached Files
    Last edited by langenet; June 9, 2016, 09:08 AM.
    HS3PRO 3.0.0.500 as a Fire Daemon service, Windows 2016 Server Std Intel Core i5 PC HTPC Slim SFF 4GB, 120GB SSD drive, WLG800, RFXCom, TI103,NetCam, UltraNetcam3, BLBackup, CurrentCost 3P Rain8Net, MCsSprinker, HSTouch, Ademco Security plugin/AD2USB, JowiHue, various Oregon Scientific temp/humidity sensors, Z-Net, Zsmoke, Aeron Labs micro switches, Amazon Echo Dots, WS+, WD+ ... on and on.

There are two parts of the setup. One is to select sites for weather data. The other is to select which site is used for each sensor. All the mapping options are given in "Weather Sensor Source". Forecast data is updated less frequently than weather data so something like wind will not be refreshed as often from a forecast site.

Comment

Ok... So had wind set to WU fcst and not WU - this explains why it watered last night when there was high wind.

Robert
      HS3PRO 3.0.0.500 as a Fire Daemon service, Windows 2016 Server Std Intel Core i5 PC HTPC Slim SFF 4GB, 120GB SSD drive, WLG800, RFXCom, TI103,NetCam, UltraNetcam3, BLBackup, CurrentCost 3P Rain8Net, MCsSprinker, HSTouch, Ademco Security plugin/AD2USB, JowiHue, various Oregon Scientific temp/humidity sensors, Z-Net, Zsmoke, Aeron Labs micro switches, Amazon Echo Dots, WS+, WD+ ... on and on.

Comment

Michael,

I had a couple of zones run what appears to be twice last night while it was windy.
        Can inhibit wind cause this in the middle of a watering? I did see inhibit areas with "Weather" and occasionally the inhibit wind also set, then cleared since it was gusty. So it appears it was windy for 20 minutes, then fell below my determined threshold.

Can I avoid this and if so how?

As you see, one zone came on/off a couple of time, but never ran the full duration.

09/06/2016 8:00:00 PM A2:R3 Rain8 Front Lawn Street ON
        09/06/2016 8:21:00 PM A2:R3 Rain8 Front Lawn Street OFF
        09/06/2016 8:41:00 PM A2:R3 Rain8 Front Lawn Street ON
        09/06/2016 8:55:00 PM A2:R3 Rain8 Front Lawn Street OFF

Robert

Comment

Do you have the debug for this? The intent is run for the full duration with pauses when wind is to strong. The logic is very complex because it is interwoven with failure logic associated with not always being able to believe the status reports from some devices.

Comment

Working...
          X