Various issues after moving to HS3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Various issues after moving to HS3

I have a couple of issues after moving from mcsSprinklers in HS2 to HS3. Tried importing my old config but failed miserably so decided for a new HS3 install. I've got my system sort of working now, but it still does things I don't expect:

1 - On a scheduled watering cycle, it appears to run a manual cycle followed by an automatic cycle on four out of five zones. G1 runs fine, G2 - G5 run twice. I changed the manual times to 1 minute for the zones to prove this, so I can see it runs a manual then auto cycle

2 - In my HS2 config I used to use ET to decide when the cycle ran, which seemed to work fine, but in HS3 my daily ET values are about 0.2 so my zones never get below 98% ( I know the weather isn't that good in the UK, but it has been hot for the past week with not much rain ). Not sure whether that ET value sounds correct, but I'm sure in HS2 I was seeing values of > 5

3 - It was torrential rain yesterday, and my configured rain device in HS3 showed it had rained, but this did not make its way into the mcsSprinklers device I configured for it.

I haven't paid for the upgrade yet, it's due to run out of the trial period in 3 days so I was hoping to get it working beforehand if possible.

Any ideas?
    Attached Files

What I see in the debug is that HS3 is calling back to mcsSprinklers that G2, for example, turned on. mcsSprinklers is treating this as a command from something like a HS event or Device Management button to turn the valve on (manual control). It then runs the manual cycle and resumes the autocyle when it is done. With my test setup I had success with the attached. If you have difficulty with it then please post \Config\mcsSprinklers.ini so I can see your setup and understand what your debug output is indicating.
    Last edited by Michael McSharry; June 10, 2016, 02:39 PM.

Comment

Thanks Michael. After your explanation I wonder whether could be because my Rain8X10 is set to Ack on cmd & poll, but I have mcsSprinklers set to Ack on Poll. I have tried to change this in the mcsSprinklers config, but every time I make the change and click save the selection reverts back to Ack on Poll. Here is my ini file anyway.
      Attached Files

Comment

I made another update to the file and posted it here after using your setup. I also recognize that the HS3 X10 plugin only supports one way communication so you will not be able to get any status back from the Rain8 X10-2. It will behave like the Rain8 X10.

When Warren and I worked out the X10-2 protocol we saw an optimization to reduce the loading on powerline to get the status back. That is why it is configurable. Only mcsSprinklers will be able to take advantage of it and it will like confuse other servers (such as HS X10). You should use the WGL utility to program the Rain8 X10-2 to only ack on request.
        Attached Files

Comment

Sorry to be a pain, but could you help with the next issue?.

I eventually removed the plug-in, re-installed from the updater and reconfigured completely. My rain device didn't work before - it was showing data from WU I think and not from the local Homeseer device. So this time I haven't added any WU sources yet other than the forecast source. Now my rain device shows blank even though I have set it to a Homeseer device.

Actually, looking at it again Rain, Humidity & Temperature are all wrong, these are all Homeseer devices. The temperature looks to me like it is using the WU forecast value, Rain & Humidity are showing nothing. Wind might also be wrong but it isn't windy at the moment so I can't tell ( also a Homeseer device )

I've tried with the 2.16.0.4 dll and also the 2.16.0.6 dll from your last post, they both give me the same results. Not sure if the debug file will be helpful as it's only the last 10 minutes or so and wasn't activated when I configured everything.
          Attached Files

Comment

Working...
          X